Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU question

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

AU question

So, here’s the scenario. My youngest son turns 18 in June. I’d like to get them on as an AU on some of my cards, so that he has a good history after he turns 18.Most of my cards have an average age of about 1 to 2 years. He is currently i most of my cards have an average age about 1 to 2 years. He is currently in AU On one of my Chase cards, and also one of my American express cards. Based on my profile below, anybody else have some input as to what would help him? Which cards, out of the cards that I have, backdate?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: AU question

NFCU and Capital One as well as the majority of your CCs will report AUs except PenFed. NFCU,Chase, Cap One and BofA back date.
I'd drop him on the NFCU CC. Though the SSL loan terms are shorter. An SSL with NFCU wouldn't hurt either.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU question

I did this for both of my adult children,  one now 22 has offers coming to him in the mail very often, he is very responsible and PIF all of his balances each month, the other now 19 has learned about utilization and has gotten into a bit of debt but working out of it by making large payments every month, I have removed the 22 yo from my cards but the 19 yo is still on them, my utiliation is 0

Both of them have scores in the high 700's.

If you add them as AU on discover and or Cap1 you can turn the card on and off when needed which is a huge plus.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.