Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU's Reporting Yes/No

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU's Reporting Yes/No

Do we have a thread of what cards adding an AU to will get reported to the CRA's and which won't?

I would like to know if Chase/Citi/Macy's (store)/Bloomingdales/Victorias Secret/Nordstrom/ reports and any others you care to list.  

Just think it will be helpful for us beginners and those rebuilding to get some good age under our belts, but I don't want someone to add me to a card that won't report.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: AU's Reporting Yes/No

Of the ones you mentioned, the only card I have any knowledge of is the Chase card.

The Chase card DOES report on the authorized user's credit report.

Hope that helps! 

Message 2 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

FWIW, I'm an AU on my dad's Discover card, and it only reports to EX.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Chase, Juniper, Credit Union all report AUs.  Most cards that report do as far as I know
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Of the ones you mentioned, the only card I have any knowledge of is the Chase card.

The Chase card DOES report on the authorized user's credit report.

Hope that helps! 

Thanks. That does help!!! Now do they factor that age in right away? Like will my next EQ report note that my AAoA is not 7 months but 3 years?
Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's when I was auth was only on EX I believe

Now that it's joint, it's on all.

Nordie does report to all I believe

Chase reports to all.

I think all of them report to all, but they may not have been able to match you up on one of the reports so it doesn't get reported, I don't think it really has to do with the bank trying to report it or not.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
FWIW, I'm an AU on my dad's Discover card, and it only reports to EX.

Ironically nobody I know has a Discover card. Thats my goal in fact to be the first among my family and friends with one. Of course for that to happen I will need them to invite me. Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi Pappy, i do know when i had my brother as an AU for my citi card, they reported to all 3 bureaus.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:

Hi Pappy, i do know when i had my brother as an AU for my citi card, they reported to all 3 bureaus.

That is excellent news!! Now I have to ask some people to add me for the sake of getting my scores up. I wonder if my mom will run a credit report on me. HA HA HA !!!!!
Message 9 of 13
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@oracles wrote:

That is excellent news!! Now I have to ask some people to add me for the sake of getting my scores up. I wonder if my mom will run a credit report on me. HA HA HA !!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

No problem, keep us updated on how many pts you receive due to AU status

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.