Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU's card ... should be use or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU's card ... should be use or not?

I am going to ask this question since could not find under the search.  

I've posted about that I added AUs on some of my ccs, and found out each AU has different acct info with Amex and Discover.  So, I am using my AU's cc at the place where doesn't check the ID ... like gas stations, self checkout at grocery stores.

How about the AUs on my ccs that stays in my drawer most of the time and I use it once in 6 mos?

Does it matter that ccc sees AU is using their cc or not?

How does it works?

Thanks!

*I am keeping all AU's ccs with me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Re: AU's card ... should be use or not?

I think the different numbers are more to make sure the person is liable, rather than for useage.  I was an AU on my mother's discover and still am on her Amex and I haven't even touched the cards in years - I think we actually cut them both up.  I still show positive marks on the CR though and it still shows use for me.  So I think as long as SOMEONE is using the account, even if it's only the principal, it's fine.

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peach8321 wrote:

I think the different numbers are more to make sure the person is liable, rather than for useage.  I was an AU on my mother's discover and still am on her Amex and I haven't even touched the cards in years - I think we actually cut them both up.  I still show positive marks on the CR though and it still shows use for me.  So I think as long as SOMEONE is using the account, even if it's only the principal, it's fine.

Yep.  My AU on my AMEX shows my acct activity on her CR whether she uses her own card or not.

Message 3 of 5
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I don't think it matters one bit whether you're using the AU's or you primary card.

I'm on AU on my hubby's Chase and CITI. Also on my parents Chase and I don't even have that card. Whenever my husband or parents use any one of them, ithe amounts owed show up on my reports. I don't believe anyone who pulls these reports knows whether it's the AU or Primary that's using them. The different numbers don't seem to make any difference. The fact that the account gets used, and the AU is on it is what counts. At least that's been my experience.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your time to answer to my question.  Now I feel better now.  Thanks again!   Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.