Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About Address Verification Chase

tag
firstladyd
Contributor

? About Address Verification Chase

I applied for Chase Freedom late Friday night. Got 30 days message. Called and was told call verification department on Monday. Was given reference # and tele # to call. I wasn't told if approved or declined.  Called them up today, they just want some bills faxed since i use a PO Box to verify address. Faxed it over called to make sure it was all good on their end. Was told it could take 7-10 bussiness days to get a response.    Surely that can't be really what happens!????   If you have had this happen, how long did it take Chase to notify you of approval or decline?  Was there any way around the waiting?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: ? About Address Verification Chase

This happened to me. Actually my UW faked me out. First he said he could approve me for $3k, then said oh wait whoops, we can't verify your address. Please fax over this stuff. I did, then I called 3 days later and was denied. Blah. Next year the Freedom shall be mine! (and Citi simplicity too)

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

I think your in if i remember right you used a P.O. box on app....so they have to verify...good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Mod delete pls gave me error code 3600 post...system overload i guess LOl

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I am afraid that you might not like my answer. I apped in November and had to fax the form SSA-89 for verification of SSN. But then got the letter that my application had been cancelled. Yes cancelled not declined and no reason indicated on the cancellation letter.  On the phone I kept getting the answer they could not verify my SSN.  So I simply faxed the SSN card  since the form did not do any good and called again.  Then I had been told that they had everything they needed but time for processing the application to the end had expired. Maximum 30days!  Sorry we cannot process your application to the end.  Chase told me to resubmit the application one more time and I was very sure this was a stright denial because I also knew that my app spree with 5 hardpulls and a 3 x CLI from 8K to 30K would certainly scare them off. But since I had waisted one hard pull for Chase already  I figured might as well go ahead one more time. To my very big surprise I did get the card with pull # 6 within 6 weeks and even with a decent CL of 4K. Did really not expect a positive outcome and counted to app next year.  Now for sure no more apps until 2014 and then I would love to try again with Chase for the CSP.  Kind of understand the concerns of Chase looking at my credit profile from October and now.....Just wanted the good cards for me all at once! 

Message 5 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I had to do the same thing for the Chase Freedom last month. I had to fax over my SS card and proof of address. It was originally denied but recommended for approval through recon. It took about 3 weeks to get approved and the card arrived a week later.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.