Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About BoA cli's

tag
juanjunior99
Valued Member

About BoA cli's

Hello, I have a query to all of you friends. I have two BoA credit cards, one Cash rewards and one Travel rewards. I am looking to request CLIs for both cards, I have the button to request CLI on both cards, but I pressed it 3 months in a row once a month for each card and I only received denials for the CLI, requesting 3x of the current limit.

2 months have passed without requesting a cli again, I have several questions:
- Do you have individual credit line increases per each card? that is, if I have an increase for one of the tdc, should I wait a while to request a CLI on the other tdc? or could I do it often?
- BoA has some limit in the way of granting cli for the credit cards of its clients ?, for example a maximum of increase of credit limit per year, or perhaps some maximum of the percentage, I have read here in the forum and I have achieved information, but even so these doubts assail me, I appreciate any help.

And what could be a plan to request cli for one or both tdc and if I can do it often or wait a while between cli requests, Greetings

Credit Line:

FicoScore:

Credit Age (EX):

Updated: Sep 2022
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Re: About BoA cli's

The BofA CLI spout is typically free flowing when

• TU 8 is > 720 but especially >740;
  • no derogs; and,
  • use of existing BofA CC's and active bank balances can help (<-----YMMV)

I had two cards but never requested a CLI on both products at the same time; I cannot provide guidance on two-card CLI strategy. Someone on the board suggested that total CLs are capped at ~50% of income. With all things, YMMV based on credit, income, and banking relationship.

You'll see better results once your TU 8 score is above 720 and your profile matures.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 2 of 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: About BoA cli's

There are no issues with asking on more than one card, although they very well may reallocate a just-given CLI on one card to grant it on the other.  (That happened to me a few years ago with a new account; I asked for and was granted a CLI on a card, then they took a big chunk of the CLI when I accepted a new card offer as I was logging out.). There is no limit on what you can ask for; they will always counteroffer if you are eligible and they cannot grant the full requested amount.   Absolutely agree that getting your TU FICO 8 up above 720 before asking again is likely essential.  As far as how often you can ask, you can ask any time the button is there; once granted it will disappear for a while.  BoA is usually pretty clear on their denial reasons, so I would work on addressing those and getting that score up.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.