Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About fell out of my seat with cap 1

tag
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

About fell out of my seat with cap 1

so I have had the cash rewards mc from them started with 300 some years back was in cs and got a limit raise to 750 although it was only supposed to be 500 anyways i loged into my account and it said thanks for being a great customer yada yada congrats on your new cli to 4750!!!!!! i about flipped out i only use this card a few times a month because my amex blue is way better well just wanted to share

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About fell out of my seat with cap 1

Wow, next thing they'll probably try to upgrade you to Venture after a while, they seem to be actively promoting that card to cash rewards users with lines nearing the required for visa sig these days.

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Hope my friend see some of this soon, 1 friend has been with Cap1 since he was 18 with $500 CL (he is 26 now). As of about 4 months ago I told him he was crazy to not get new cards... Citi Forward $7700 and Amex Blue Plus whatever it's called 4k... come on Cap1 catch up!

Message 3 of 11
John060675
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI.  I am surprised that they jumped it up that much.  Out of curiosity, what are your FICO scores?  How long have you had the card?  Thanks.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your credit limit increase...

Message 5 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@creditguy-378 wrote:

so I have had the cash rewards mc from them started with 300 some years back was in cs and got a limit raise to 750 although it was only supposed to be 500 anyways i loged into my account and it said thanks for being a great customer yada yada congrats on your new cli to 4750!!!!!! i about flipped out i only use this card a few times a month because my amex blue is way better well just wanted to share

Congrats -- very nice increase! From my recent experience and that of others, it seems that Cap1 is starting to loosen up a bit. Here's hoping the trend continues.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome. maybe if that happens to me in about 2 years i wont cancel the card like i expect to do.

Message 7 of 11
FicoTron
Established Contributor

i have had a secured card with them for 13 months that was supposed to become unsecured.  I have tried to contact them a few times but they won't budge. 

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 8 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

I really like Cap 1 they reached out to me when none would offer anything love their website and alerts.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 9 of 11
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I really like Cap 1 they reached out to me when none would offer anything love their website and alerts.

Same here, and my platinum now has a $ 2,750 CL and no AF. One can obviously do better with prime cards, but no reason to get rid of it...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.