Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About those secured cards...

@armyguy90 wrote:

Which would you reccomend?

-I was denied at BofA

All cards have different benefits. When I look at the entire packages, if I was in the market for a Secured card, I would choose this one. Regardless of which one you choose, I would recommend reading the entire terms and conditions, nit just the glossy highlights on the main page of any offer.

Best of luck in your endeavors getting a card.

http://www.publicsavings.com/

Message 2 of 9
armyguy90
Contributor

Took your advice and just called them. You have to be 21 to get a secured card with them. Im only 19.
Message 3 of 9
mt2va
Established Contributor

If you are eligible you might try Navy Federal Credit Union.
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really liked my Wells Fargo. It had a pretty low annual fee, no other fees, and it converted to unsecured after a year and now it does not have an annual fee.

I don't recall the rate because I don't carry a balance on credit cards.

Quicken Online doesn't connect to Public Savings; Orchard doesn't have good online bill pay.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to hear that you were denied for b of a secured i was just approved today the 10/30/2009 what are your scores mine was 641 and they pulled experian but call a credit analyst and tell them to reconsider your application and if not well i recommend to get new millenium which i also got on 9/2009 and it helped me raise my scores with in a month from 552 to 641 so go for it and dont give up.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old post, but you can download data in to Quicken.
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@armyguy90 wrote:

Which would you reccomend?

-I was denied at BofA

All cards have different benefits. When I look at the entire packages, if I was in the market for a Secured card, I would choose this one. Regardless of which one you choose, I would recommend reading the entire terms and conditions, nit just the glossy highlights on the main page of any offer.

Best of luck in your endeavors getting a card.

http://www.publicsavings.com/

More info on Publicsavings please, I don't see anything about it graduating or growing with you?

Message 8 of 9
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

I have a Public Savings secured CC for my husband. Unfortunately, I just read recently that it does NOT at any time convert to an unsecured card. SUCK! I have an Orchard secured CC, and will respectfully disagree with the poster who said they don't have good online bill pay. It may take a few days to post, but I've not had a single problem with my payments at all, and it seems to be a decent card.
Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.