Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental HP during CLI

tag
MisterWives
Regular Contributor

Accidental HP during CLI

Was doing my bi-annual credit limit increases for my cards and got to my last card, FNBO Platinum Edition Visa. Accidently put in the monthly income, my annual income, which I am sure threw it into manual review and because of that in the very small fine print it says 

"We will attempt to approve your credit limit increase request based on internal information that we currently have available; however, if we are unable to approve the increase based on this information, a credit bureau report will be pulled. Please note, the credit bureau inquiry will not be removed after it has been submitted to the credit bureaus."

So if I didn't enter the wrong monthly income amount then I wouldn't have gotten a HP. Confirmed on my Experian dropped me 3 points Smiley Sad

I find it weird they asked for monthly income instead of annual, first ones to do that for me. Also kind of bad as this was the one credit bureau that is double digits in inqueries so not the best one to add another HP. Bright side is a couple of my other cards CLI with no problem.

Also does anyone even have this card I keep trying to look for references online of it but there are none for the FNBO Platinum there's not even a mention if it's disconntinued or what not?

Wants: PenFed Pathfinder Rewards(4x pts travel), PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (5pts Gas, 3pts Restaurants and Grocery), U.S. Bank Cash+ (5% Categories), Chase Freedom Flex (5% Rotating Categories, 5% Travel, 3% Restaurants)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Accidental HP during CLI

With FNBO you will want to call in for any CLI, ask if there is one waiting for you its always based on their internal info or a SP. Online is known to always generate a HP.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.