Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Activity within the month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Activity within the month

I know this question has been answerd somewhere before I am sure.

My question is is there any effect if you use more then one credit card per month. Say for example. I use my chase freedom and chase sapphire in the same month still using under 30% on each. Is it ok to have them both report a balance per cycle or should you only use one card per month? Sorry if this is a dumb question i just remember reading somewhere how many accounts being used per month?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Activity within the month

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this question has been answerd somewhere before I am sure.

My question is is there any effect if you use more then one credit card per month. Say for example. I use my chase freedom and chase sapphire in the same month still using under 30% on each. Is it ok to have them both report a balance per cycle or should you only use one card per month? Sorry if this is a dumb question i just remember reading somewhere how many accounts being used per month?

Thanks for the help!

I believe you're confused by the term "let them report a balance".  People advocate paying your balance prior to the statement becoming available to optimize your credit score.  However, this should only be good for a few ticks in your score either way.  If you have two cards you want to use, use them.  Just remember to PIF every month and long-term your credit score will improve.  

If you're looking to optimize your credit score, whether it be for an app or otherwise, yes you're going to want 3-4 cards.  Pay off all but one card before statement cuts.

For that one remaining card, pay off all but 1-9% of the remaining balance before the statement cuts.  You should then have optimized your scores from a utilization aspect.  Remember, utilization is fluid.  Doing this optimizes your score for that particular month.  It is completely unnecessary unless you have impending applications which you would like to pull the trigger on (ideally, start the process 2-3 months ahead of time.)

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Activity within the month

Ok so basically you only need to do this "optimization" if your looking to app.  I just got my freedom and sapphire. I got 4500 in spending to do between them to get my rewards. Ive got a 12k on the saphire and a 10k on the freedom. Should be easy to stay within my utilization.

Here is what I do already is this what you are refering to as well?  Ok so say for example on my captial one quick silver one, I had a 500 limit. Ok so if I happen to spend 400 in the billing cycle I will just pay 350 back before the statement date and let it report 50 dollars as the total amount on the bill. Is this what you mean.?

And are you staying this??.....  That if your getting ready to app up then you want to pay all of the other bills except one of your choice and have that at 1-9 % ?

That was very informative ..

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.