Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closed

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Account Closed

I just got done closing my Sportsman's Guide Visa.  I have no idea why I opened it in the first place.  Live and learn I guess.

Six months is coming up on my QS1 next month.  It's next on the chopping block.  I'm expecting to close it out in December before the AF hits.  Maybe the luv button will spit out a real CLI this time.  I would sure feel better about dancing for the EO over the AF if it did.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Account Closed

@wacdenney wrote:

I just got done closing my Sportsman's Guide Visa.  I have no idea why I opened it in the first place.  Live and learn I guess.

Six months is coming up on my QS1 next month.  It's next on the chopping block.  I'm expecting to close it out in December before the AF hits.  Maybe the luv button will spit out a real CLI this time.  I would sure feel better about dancing for the EO over the AF if it did.

I assume you tried pc qs1 to regular quick silver and weren't succcesul. I think Quicksilver card is pretty under rated. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 12
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I assume you tried pc qs1 to regular quick silver and weren't succcesul. I think Quicksilver card is pretty under rated. 

I've tried a total of 4 times.  Twice on the card in question and twice on another QS1 that I was forced to close recently.  I requested the AF be removed either by PC or permanent waiver either one.  They keep waiving it for one more year and I keep putting up with it and having to go through the whole song and dance over and over every year.  It's quite frustrating.  I'm honestly to the point now that this year I am not going to deal with another one year waiver again.  If they don't remove the AF I'm just going to close the account.  I'm so dissatisfied with them that I honestly do not care which way it goes.  I would be just as happy to close the account and be done with them as I would to have the fee removed at this point.

Message 3 of 12
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

It feels real good to close a Cap one card. I just closed my QS with its $1000 limit that I could never get a CLI on.

Message 4 of 12
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@sdwalt wrote:

It feels real good to close a Cap one card. I just closed my QS with its $1000 limit that I could never get a CLI on.

I will have to think about closing my IT at end of the year if i don't see any progress with sp cli . 15 months should be long enough to get at least one cli, when i see other people with lower scores than me and baddies get it at 3 months, that is really annoying. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

When I closed my first CapOne card it sure did feel nice.  No budging on the AF, no CLI, nothing.  Interestingly, they were more than willing to refund the AF on the other card after that.  Then the EO was nice about making it permanent.  Why I had to go through the whole process of asking the EO, I have no idea.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Your cards are way more better than sports guide, nothing lost same will be with Cap1.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

At some point, the EO just isn't enough.   I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with them.   At this, the moment I get another MC is when I'll be closing my QS1.   I'm aiming for Sallie Mae in November, but even if Wally gets the MC upgrade, it might just be time to leave Cap One in the dust.    I'll try the LUV button around September 5th, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

+1

Not the worst card in my wallet Smiley Happy  Love mine and for an no AF card pretty good IMO.

Message 9 of 12
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

At some point, the EO just isn't enough.   I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with them.   At this, the moment I get another MC is when I'll be closing my QS1.   I'm aiming for Sallie Mae in November, but even if Wally gets the MC upgrade, it might just be time to leave Cap One in the dust.    I'll try the LUV button around September 5th, but I'm not holding my breath.  

I've got my eyes on Sallie Mae also.  Sallie has been a goal of mine for a long time.  I'm hoping once I get some history behind my Barclaycard Rewards MC that I should have a good shot at it.  Discover is another one.  I have no idea why, but Discover has denied me over and over.  My file is fairly thick and I have no idea what their problem with me is.  You would think they would have at least offered up a $300 "test the waters" limit, but nooo, nothing!  haha

I am a little hopeful on the QS1 this time around.  I have seen them giving out decent CLIs to other people and closing the extra QS1 has lessened my exposure to them so maybe they will be realistic.  Honestly though I wont be surprised either way.  I haven't really been able to figure out any rhyme or reason behind their thinking so who knows.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.