Account Closed

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Account Closed

@lg8302ch wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I just got done closing my Sportsman's Guide Visa.  I have no idea why I opened it in the first place.  Live and learn I guess.

Six months is coming up on my QS1 next month.  It's next on the chopping block.  I'm expecting to close it out in December before the AF hits.  Maybe the luv button will spit out a real CLI this time.  I would sure feel better about dancing for the EO over the AF if it did.

I assume you tried pc qs1 to regular quick silver and weren't succcesul. I think Quicksilver card is pretty under rated. 

+1

Not the worst card in my wallet Smiley Happy  Love mine and for an no AF card pretty good IMO.

I could find a good fit for the card as an "everything else" card given a decent CL.  My problem is that after everything within a category washes out, the everything else category doesn't get a lot use out of me.  I mainly spend on food, gas, groceries, etc.  Stuff that does fall into a category.  So when you start out the year $35 in the hole and are not able to push a whole lot through the card, it actually works against you rather than for you.  Even after putting enough through it just to break even, what's left doesn't add up to anywhere near 1.5% when taken as a whole. 

Then there's the headache of having to deal with the several days of back and forth required to get customer service via EO.  How do you put a price on having to deal with that?? 

Message 11 of 12
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Account Closed

the 1.5% is nice , but yeah there are an lot of 5% category cards out there that trump it, but to pay off bills online could be nice since there aren't many cards that cover bills. 

Also on topic of sallie mae i think an lot of people are going for that card me included, oct is time frame for my app. I am hoping i will be able to get WMC version. Hopefully with some HP reaching 1 year anniversaries my TU score will go about maybe 10 points by the time i app. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.