Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed due to Inactivity-Synchrony

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Account closed due to Inactivity-Synchrony

If Synchrony just closed(early this month) an account due to inactivity, will they reopen if you call and plead?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account closed due to Inactivity-Synchrony

@JSS3 wrote:

If Synchrony just closed(early this month) an account due to inactivity, will they reopen if you call and plead?

I have no clue, but would be interested in the responses to your post.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

No, they won't.  You will have to re-apply.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Good to know. I wonder how long does your account have to be inactive for this to happen? Several months? More?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Good to know. I wonder how long does your account have to be inactive for this to happen? Several months? More?

A year.  But to prevent closure, use it once every 3 months.

Message 5 of 21
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Closed after a year of no use at all. Never even activated. My mom meant to use it and was looking for the card a couple of weeks ago. Then BAM---closure. 

Message 6 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im not sure if this applies to only cards that are closed to user instead of cards closed by issuer, but if I close a synch card they wont let me reapply for it until 12 months have passed. you might want to find that out before you waste a hard pull on it. because they will definitely pull your credit even though they wont even consider approving you for it. 

Message 7 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry OP...

But Synch will not reopen. Plus, they have a hard fast rule of that you can't reapply for that same card for 12 months after closing it. whether you did, or they did. I closed 3 store cards of theirs last year, and each time I received a letter stating the 12 month rule. I even posted a pic of it in a thread.
Message 8 of 21
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys! I'll tell mom. 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

A year.  But to prevent closure, use it once every 3 months.

Thanks! It is my Care Credit card that I plan on using soon, but have not used in a couple of months.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.