Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Achieving Very Large Amex Personal Revolving Limits

tag
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: Achieving Very Large Amex Personal Revolving Limits

@K-in-Boston   ...Bostan my friend as an excellent thick profile holder your concern for high limit with Amex is valid and i am on your side... i remember when Finny applied for 12th Revolver i told him it will get approve because American express is all for Business nothing about scores. or anything they just want two things high swipes high pay offs and i mean really high pay,offs (lol) in Amex world 40k swipe is not something extra ordinary..they are exclusive in many ways different than Visa and Mastercard ..Finny knows it well. ..now the question is how high you like to go with them? here is an example below BCP Personal .. the credit limit is one side of the story there is whole lot details behind it .. conduct an experiment start swiping Amex cards everywhere ..halt other cards for 180 days and pretend you only have Amex accounts ..The outcome would be positive in the end ..Smiley Wink  thanks for reading

__________________R.a.j

BCPBCP

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 61 of 82
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks Raj!  Yeah, @Remedios mentioned something similar early on in the thread and you both make a good point.  For years, basically every single swipe went to Amex so they knew everything that was going on.  Now that I have the Business Platinum card, Amex Travel is likely to become a significant portion of my rewards strategy going forward, so most of the spend that's been going elsewhere like Chase and US Bank and Citi is coming back to them.  Your $90k revolver to match my Travel Rewards card would make me very happy at this point.  I'll get to my $100k goal at some point.  Patience has never been a strong point for me.

Message 62 of 82
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB  please insert a Spaceballs gif with Dark Helmet and Spaceballs toilet paper hereSmiley Wink. K needs to be rolling in that but with AMEX logosSmiley Wink

COMB THE DESERT!!😎

Message 63 of 82
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@UncleB  please insert a Spaceballs gif with Dark Helmet and Spaceballs toilet paper hereSmiley Wink. K needs to be rolling in that but with AMEX logosSmiley Wink

COMB THE DESERT!!😎

Image result for comb the desert spaceballs gif

Message 64 of 82
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yeah, @K-in-Boston you need to be patient. 

Credit is a marathon, not sprint! 

Message 65 of 82
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Campfire story:

And that's how I got the ban-hammer!

Message 66 of 82
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha! I needed that laugh todaySmiley Happy Thanks @UncleB 

May the Schwartz be with you!- Yogurt 

Message 67 of 82
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Yeah, @K-in-Boston you need to be patient. 

Credit is a marathon, not sprint! 

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

I'm looking for shortcuts, though.  Where can I find cheat codes? 

Message 68 of 82
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I'm looking for shortcuts, though.  Where can I find cheat codes? 

Consultant. Tell people how to spend on their credit cards sponsored by Delta/AMEX. You'll be a TPG expert before long

Message 69 of 82
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Mahraja wrote:

@K-in-Boston   ...Bostan my friend as an excellent thick profile holder your concern for high limit with Amex is valid and i am on your side... i remember when Finny applied for 12th Revolver i told him it will get approve because American express is all for Business nothing about scores. or anything they just want two things high swipes high pay offs and i mean really high pay,offs (lol) in Amex world 40k swipe is not something extra ordinary..they are exclusive in many ways different than Visa and Mastercard ..Finny knows it well. ..now the question is how high you like to go with them? here is an example below BCP Personal .. the credit limit is one side of the story there is whole lot details behind it .. conduct an experiment start swiping Amex cards everywhere ..halt other cards for 180 days and pretend you only have Amex accounts ..The outcome would be positive in the end ..Smiley Wink  thanks for reading

__________________R.a.j

BCPBCP

Adding to @Mahraja's DPs and wanted to circle back on my 3x CLI 'experiment'.  So, I requested a ~3x CLI on my HH Surpass (CL was $7,600 because I've butchered it with some reallocations over time) and it was approved for $22K.  I could've done $22,800, but the $800 extra wasn't gonna break it for me, so I requested the even amoungt.  This puts the AmEx aggregate exposure close to ~$190K across all revolvers pers/biz (does not include POT).

The real 'experiment' will be if my next *ahem* thingy gets approved and they leave the CLs untouched (if it even surpasses - no pun intended) the $200K mark.  So, it's fairly possible that I can 'gut' some of the others to make one single $100K, but I don't wanna Smiley Very Happy.   So, @K-in-Boston I think you've got plenty of room to grow.

AmEx HH Surpass CLI.jpg

Message 70 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.