cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Card Notice of Termination

bluesealuvr
Established Member

Action Card Notice of Termination

I had 2 CC accounts with Action Card.  Last month I paid off the majority of my balances via transfer balance to a lower card.  Today I received a letter stating both my accounts had been closed.  When I called I was told that it had nothing to do with my payment history with them (which was excellent), but rather than they are closing ALL their accounts in the action card program.   Did anyone else receive this notification?   I had intended to keep them open with low balances in order to have a positive impact on my utilization percentage.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Action Card Notice of Termination

Action Card is issued by Urban Trust Bank. Related to CompuCredit, Salute, Aspire. These folks are bad actors and under the microscope of an FTC investigation. Slowly but surely these credit card programs are being terminated. It is very difficult for the legit CC operations of the world to finance their businesses these days. Imagine how difficult it is for the shady, sub-prime issuers who are being investigated by the FTC. Probably impossible.

Sorry to hear about another person being effected, but in the long run you will be vastly better off with these victimizers.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/06/compucredit.shtm

Message 2 of 3
bluesealuvr
Established Member

Re: Action Card Notice of Termination

Thanks for your reply.  I did a web search and found this additional info:

Urban Trust Bank discontinues credit cards

November 6, 2008 - 7:04am

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 12-15-2008 10:24 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.