Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add As AU On BCP To Help Get BCP?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Add As AU On BCP To Help Get BCP?

My girlfriend was just approved for a BCP AMEX with $5300 limit, and thats the card I really want at some point...I already have a Green Card but want a revolver with better rewards and lower AF...

If i was added as an AU on her BCP, would that help or even prevent me from getting approved for my own BCP? (I've tried a couple times but was denied - mostly because they pull old reports since im already a card holder, i think)

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Add As AU On BCP To Help Get BCP?

Being ACM on DGF's Delta Skymiles didn't help me. Only thing that helped was getting to the point where they were feeling some love.

It might help with utilization, though. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Your internal score with Amex is going to pay a key role since you are a cardmember.
Message 3 of 21
shane82388
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Your internal score with Amex is going to pay a key role since you are a cardmember.

Yeah, i mean ive had my Green Card two years now with lots of usage and perfect payments...and they gave me that thing with much worse credit than I have now! The only thing i can think of thats holding me back is utilization from months ago which is paid down now...but they dont seem to want to soft a more recent report...last time i applied was in august and they used a report from end of June...

Ive had three softs at the end of august though so maybe they will use those ones next time when i try again on the 18th?

Message 4 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe...it's really hard to tell. How many times have you apped for the BCP?
Message 5 of 21
shane82388
Established Contributor

twice in the past few months...didnt think it was a slam dunk or anything but just figued since its only a soft pull might as well try.

Is the basic Blue card easier to get than the BCE or BCP?

Message 6 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Easier? Idk but some have posted getting the Gold Delta and immediately PCing to the BCE/P
Message 7 of 21
shane82388
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Easier? Idk but some have posted getting the Gold Delta and immediately PCing to the BCE/P

Oh you can do that? I thought you'd at least have to wait a year or something...i just dont really want the Gold Delta so id hate to app and be stuck with it for no reason...but if you can immediately PC then maybe thats the way to go...?

Message 8 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 21
shane82388
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I'll look for the thread but it was recent....

Thanks

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.