Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added as an AU on moms credit cards.

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Added as an AU on moms credit cards.

Alrigth so since I have nothing to get a credit card under my name my mom added me to her sears platinum mastercard they actually require you to insert the name plus ssn# so it should report to my credit report. She also added me to her Wells Fargo credit card which only asks for name middle inital and last name and this time she added my middle initial. My middle initial is "G" and my dads is "P" so it shouldnt report to his report right since the name isn't the same right? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Added as an AU on moms credit cards.

It's not supposed to obviously, but I wouldn't put it past them, especially if you have the same address. Just keep your eye on it

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Jutz yup your right I will be cheking my dads report to see if any accts were added. If it does report to his I'l just try to get a job while in school and get into a joint acct. Smiley Sad

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@Jutz yup your right I will be cheking my dads report to see if any accts were added. If it does report to his I'l just try to get a job while in school and get into a joint acct. Smiley Sad

Probably end up on your report and your dads!

No big deal to you... just wait 6 months for you to get a Fico Report and Score then you can get some of your own credit cards once you have some income.

Message 4 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yea I'll just wait until 6 months to pull up my credit report and actually see what cards are reporting.

Message 5 of 8
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

+1000000 to you.

What great wisdom at such a young age to being looking at credit, and how to improve yours.

This will save you hundreds of thousands  of dollars over your life time.  I did the same and received my first card when I was 18.

Look into a secure card, and see if you can get approved.

A few words of wisdom (learn from my mistake!):

Do not apply for to many cards all at once as you build your credit.  Once you get a year of credit I would apply for 2 start cards.  Hold them for a year and then apply for a premium card or two.  Get the premium in your 20s and you are well onto your way to a great credit file. 

Do not, and I stress do not, max them out! haha. 

By the time I left college I had 21K of credit card debt.  I would do such awful things, ie take all my friends to dinner, collect the cash, and swipe away!  I graduated when I was 22 from college, and made my last credit card payment at 31 for my fun in school.

I stress again, please learn from my mistake.  New credit is very hard to manage in your youth.  Responsibility will yield great credit, but over using will destroy your credit before you start.

Good luck to you. 

Message 6 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@pdog661 thanks! and yes I will try my bestEST to always keep low balances. Thanks for the advice, and luck! Appreciate it  a lot! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@pdog661 thanks! and yes I will try my bestEST to always keep low balances. Thanks for the advice, and luck! Appreciate it  a lot! Smiley Happy

im in the same boat. 

21 atm and going back to school for another 2 years 

0 debt but work full time etc... 

got my frst card when i was 19 joint with my mom... (no au cards)

and now i have a chase freedom and an amex zync 

stats are in my sig. 

no credit is better then bad credit as they say. 

never EVER pay late and dont go app crazy and you will be good. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.