cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added too many accounts....score worse than someone that doesn't pay their bills.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Added too many accounts....score worse than someone that doesn't pay their bills.

closed first premier yesterday because annual fee was set to hit next month, the guy tried everything to get me not to close it. ive never seen such a thing. he also said they need their fees to stay in business and that i have bad credit. anyway, its closed. 

Message 41 of 44
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Added too many accounts....score worse than someone that doesn't pay their bills.

@Anonymous wrote:

closed first premier yesterday because annual fee was set to hit next month, the guy tried everything to get me not to close it. ive never seen such a thing. he also said they need their fees to stay in business and that i have bad credit. anyway, its closed. 

Jeez what an a-hole. Lol. I believe the first part, but dang why would he say that (the second part)?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
there are posters here that add 20+ store cards at once and never get hit like that.

I thought of Ron and pizza when I read this Smiley Very Happy

I opened 45 accounts all at one. I have so many INQ's that my score doesn't even drop from INQ's LOL. my FAKO score is 650's (TU and EQ )  my ficos are in my sig. The only thing that hurts my vantage score is INQ and AAoA. CK has me at 8 mo of AAoA. Doesn't factor in any old, closed accounts. 

I take FAKO scores with a grain of salt. when I first did it my FAKO took a dump but my FICO stayed stable. And no I'm not suggesting go open up 45 accounts lol. 😂😂😂

i just had zero credit for the last 3-4 years so it was kind of I wanted to build a solid foundation for my AAoA. 

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
there are posters here that add 20+ store cards at once and never get hit like that.

I thought of Ron and pizza when I read this Smiley Very Happy

Which is why someone with a larger credit file will be less affected than someone who has only had cards a year.  Income helps immensely as well as that's one of the things they ask for when you apply.  In OPs case, only having cards since March, applying for more is only going to make scores go down, and the actual benefits won't be for a year or more.  

Best advice: After closing FP (which you did), keep what you have, keep balances at/near zero and utilization very low.  If you can afford to do so get on board with the FICO score monitoring ($29.95 a month) to monitor actual FICO scores.  But at the same time, the walmart and barclays card uses TU which covers one.  

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.