Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addicted To App'ing... Confessions of a Creditholic

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Addicted To App'ing... Confessions of a Creditholic

I've never had credit before, so to go from zero credit cards to 12 credit cards has been nice. I originally started with 5 Comenity backed cards many months ago through the soft pull process and I recently got approved for 7 really good cards (DiscoverIT, Chase, Amex, +3 GE cards + Sears)

And with all that, I'm still itching to apply some more even though I know it will be detrimental to my gardening. It is taking everything in me NOT to apply for something else. I feel like any minute now I'm going to get FR'd with my 7 recent additions and yet with that fear, I still want to add another one. Somebody please hit me with a tranquilizer so I can stop this madness. For the past day, I have been searching for another card that isn't inquiry sensitive just to get ONE MORE HIT!!!!

I have not APPD for an 8th card yet. This post is simply a self-initiated intervention so somebody will hopefully give me some kind (or mean) words to just STOOPPPPP ALREADY!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Addicted To App'ing... Confessions of a Creditholic

Have you checked your credit score? That might be the swift kick you need.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 5
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Yes... and it went UP!!!!

From 730 to 765.... reason given:

New accounts reported

It went up intially to 735 then down to 733, then back up to 770 when they added discover, then down to 765. It's like a roller coaster as the accounts are added. Taking away points for AAOA, adding points for large balances.

Message 3 of 5
WhyDidntIListentoMom
Established Member

Maybe you should think about how you would feel once you get the denial - too many accounts or if a new creditor does a follow up soft pull a few months from now once your HPs have posted. They will cut the card and you'll be that person in line at Starbucks who can't pay for their $7 latte because all of their cards were turned off.

Granted that is a CRAZY scenario but hey - Ray Ray won the Superbowl.

PS - Sorry if that was harsh but I just never want you in that position. There was a time in my life where I had just a little worried in the back of my head that it wouldn't say 'APPROVED.'

Starting Score: EX 594
Current Score: EX 680
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

AMEX PRG - NPSL | USAirways MC - 7.4k | Wells Fargo VS - 4.7k | Chase Freedom MC - 3.5k | BML CL 2.5k | J.Crew Retail - 1.47k
Message 4 of 5
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I understand that thrill to see  CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE APPROVED!!!   I even minimize the browser tab as I await for their decision.   We've all been there at sometime.   Watching my AAoA dwindle to nothing is no fun either.  I'm at 3.6 years, when 2 years ago, I was around 7-8 years AAOA.   In all acutality, I have the best credit that I've ever had in my life, so it's something i desire to take care of.    Since, I'm NOT going to buy another car at 18-28% ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.