Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addicted to apps :(

tag
artvandalay
Established Member

Addicted to apps :(

With the exception of one card, i've apped for, and received almost every brand name card I could ask for and have received decent balances.  The only card I haven't applied for is a Cap1 card and that's mostly because I think their commercials are horrible. Despite this success, I find myself apping for random, off brand cards (First National Omaha, Zion Bank Visa Signature, Visa Black...Smiley Embarassed). I have 9 cards now and about 80k in CL. I don't need/want more (except this one card I'll app for in the second half of the year). I need to exercise some self control but am constantly seeking acceptance thru app approvals Smiley Happy.

I've avoided store credit cards (no interest in a target or Walmart card) but need help backing away from these other cc apps. Anyone else struggle with ceasing the app process?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Addicted to apps :(

Yes: that's why we park our behinds in the garden club Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I actually found that freezing my credit reports works best for me

Message 3 of 18
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I struggle too.  Especially today, since I found my MyFico TU actually went up two points after three brand new accounts reported.

Ughhhh.

I simply am trying to post more information and help for others, and stop worrying about me and my credit, I have plenty.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 4 of 18
Supawest
Valued Member

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I struggle too.  Especially today, since I found my MyFico TU actually went up two points after three brand new accounts reported.

Ughhhh.

I simply am trying to post more information and help for others, and stop worrying about me and my credit, I have plenty.

My Gosh Joe. Yes I'd say you have enough credilt LOL! Smiley Very Happy

Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 770 EQ 771 TU 780
Goal Score: 820 across

Message 5 of 18
ttaurean30
Established Member

Garden time!!!Cat Happy

Rebuilding since BK Discharge on 09/2006
Gardening Since 02/19/2013
Credit.com (707) Credit Sesame (801) Walmart (709) Credit Karma (688) Quizzle (714)

Message 6 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

We have our new Appbar!!!

Appbar III!!!

Freeze your reports and give the codes to your DW.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
We have our new Appbar!!!

Appbar III!!!

Freeze your reports and give the codes to your DW.

Does that ever work?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 18
kg2488
New Contributor

I didn't just fall off the garden wagon these last 2 days..I catapulted, rolled down hill, gained speed and flew fast and furious into an APP spree! LOL Personally I will be fine for many months and then I decide to APP for 1 thing and that 1st approval sets the wheels in motion. I totally understand! What is this self control you speak of?! lol If you find it send some my way.

Message 9 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.