cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Authorized User at initial card application.

tag
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Adding Authorized User at initial card application.

Going to open a new card (either Citi or Discover) and I noticed Citi allows you to add authorized user on the initial application. I'm assuming discover does as well. My question is, will adding an authorized user result in a hard pull on the au's credit file(s)? Also, from what I read, both companies report au's. Anyone hear anything different?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Re: Adding Authorized User at initial card application.

Adding a AU after an application does not impact the person's being added inquiries on their CAR.

Do they ask for the Social of the AU?  Without that information they will not add hard pulls. 

Message 2 of 7
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

The discover application I looked at didn't have ssn information. I added user to two other cards that I've had for years. BoA asked for last 4 of social and nothing for macys, but both report to bureaus. Just making sure either of these would report too.
Message 3 of 7
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Also, I just wanted to make sure that a hard inquiry doesn't pop up for the au if I add them during the application process.
Message 4 of 7
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I added my wife to my citi and discover card as a AU and both report on her credit report.  Neither posted an Hard inq.

Message 5 of 7
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Although it has been about two years since, when I apped for an Amex I remember in the application itself it only asked for the name of the AU I wished to add. Wife never had a HP. When I apped for Chase in February of this year, same thing, just asked for name and no HP for her.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.