Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Credit Cards to Home Depot App

tag
fm92555
Regular Contributor

Adding Credit Cards to Home Depot App

So Home Depot will stop processing returns unless you have a receipt beginning Feb. 2022.

I hurried to take back some returns I had sitting in my garage this weekend. But one of my items was discountinued, no longer in their system and I would not be allowed a return unless I had the receipt. That is fair.

I realized today that if you have the Home Depot app, you can add credit cards to the payment section as if you were adding them as payment cards and the software will search its records to determine what purchases were made with that credit or debit card in the past. I added 6 credit and debit cards that I beleive I used over the past couple years and the software found my receipts in its history search.

I was able to complete my return because I now had a record of my purchase in December of 2021.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

Re: Adding Credit Cards to Home Depot App

@fm92555 wrote:

So Home Depot will stop processing returns unless you have a receipt beginning Feb. 2022.

I hurried to take back some returns I had sitting in my garage this weekend. But one of my items was discountinued, no longer in their system and I would not be allowed a return unless I had the receipt. That is fair.

I realized today that if you have the Home Depot app, you can add credit cards to the payment section as if you were adding them as payment cards and the software will search its records to determine what purchases were made with that credit or debit card in the past. I added 6 credit and debit cards that I beleive I used over the past couple years and the software found my receipts in its history search.

I was able to complete my return because I now had a record of my purchase in December of 2021.

This ia really great feature of Home Depot. You can enter your card info in the mobile app, or the web site (after you've signed in). I always select email and printed receipts as well. Now if only they supported Apple Pay...

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 4/16/2024):

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.