Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Wife to my Amex to raise her Fico

tag
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Adding Wife to my Amex to raise her Fico

OP, I agree with other posters. I would not take the risk of adding anything to your's or DW's report at this stage of the game. The only positive results you may find are the ones where you pay down some of the debt if you have the means too. If anything, showing a new account could throw your entire pre-qual mortgage loan into a tail spin. IME when I was going through UW for my mortgage, I was told by my finance manager and UW to not touch any of my credit cards during the process until we closed on our home. UW told me this would ensure no hiccups at closing because they will pull all three scores again a couple of days before closing. By the way congrats on the home and good luck!
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried checking out the mortgage threads located on MyFico? You might can search and find some information about it there. I am "In the process of buying a house", about a year or so out. The stuff that I have come across online and even here state that often times lenders asK for the removal of any AU's in order to figure out ones "true credit score". However, I'm kind of in the same boat as everyone else, it doesn't hurt to try.
Message 22 of 24
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Anyway, mortgage I guess is approved because lender is asking to lock the rate.????..but with my scores above 740 and my wife at 720 plus, with 0points on a 30 year fixed, why are we given a 3.75 rate as of 7/18/16 10 percent dn on 399,000. 359000 is what we will be paying on.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 23 of 24
pip3man
Valued Contributor

This info I'm about to share is as current as of June 2016. My best friend added me to their AMEX Hilton with a $30k limit. Granted my personal MSD with AMEX is 2012 and the card's opening date was 2014, when it finally reported to the bureaus it showed the opening date as the date I was added as an AU and NOT the original cardmember's history. So if your looking for an AAoA boost through an AU account, AMEX is certainly not the way to go. Very counterproductive, almost like shooting ya self in the foot!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.