Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding minor as AU?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Adding minor as AU?

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Adding minor as AU?

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)

you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 6
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;

LOL Smiley Happy thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?

Message 3 of 6
distantarray
Established Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

LOL Smiley Happy thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?

I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.

Message 4 of 6
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.

Oh wow!! Well we only want to have 2 AU on each card, me and one of the kids. This will only help their AAoA right? Our kids are 2, 3 and 6, I don't expect it to help their scores or anything, I don't even know if minors have scores lol I just figured it'd help their AAoA at least for now until they turn 18.

Message 5 of 6
distantarray
Established Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Oh wow!! Well we only want to have 2 AU on each card, me and one of the kids. This will only help their AAoA right? Our kids are 2, 3 and 6, I don't expect it to help their scores or anything, I don't even know if minors have scores lol I just figured it'd help their AAoA at least for now until they turn 18.

you might have to lie about their age on the application to make it stick, not saying it's the right thing to do, but just saying Smiley Tongue

Amex I believe your supposed to be 15, but Amex would help them out the most out of any card if you can get them on. Why? Cause backdating if it's still around when they get older, if you get them added now their member start date is locked in at 2013 (only amex does this) this means in 20 years if they open their own Amex cards they'll all get 2013 as the start date on all Amex cards (issued directly from Amex itself) from 2013 + application month. So if it's January 2033 their new cards will report from January 2013 even if you openned the card in 2033 =)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.