Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adorama ( Comenity ) no more

tag
NC84
Regular Contributor

Adorama ( Comenity ) no more

I just got a letter saying as of June 1st my Adorama card will be terminated because they parting ways with Commenity Bank. **bleep** .. no transfer to another bank ?? I haven't even had this card a year yet ... What a robbery of a hard inquiry.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adorama ( Commenity ) no more

And Comenity loses another. May 1 A&F is no longer!

Message 2 of 17
jberry
Contributor

whoa?!! I just got this Adorama Store card late last year, that sucks man!!! I did not receive the letter yet. I do have a $0 balance, but was planning to put a big purchase on it, guess itll have to wait.

Message 3 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

alot of comenity / sync card will be going under thanks to cv...  not sure of adorama as never heard of it, but alot more cards will be going bye bye that are co-branded

Message 4 of 17
NC84
Regular Contributor

I think you can technically still use it until June first and and they still have to honor promotions ( if they still have them ) or rest of regular payments until it's paid off. I thought about doing a purchase myself just keep it going for a while longer. I'll have to check and see if they still have any 0% promos.

Message 5 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

alot of comenity / sync card will be going under thanks to cv...  not sure of adorama as never heard of it, but alot more cards will be going bye bye that are co-branded

Adorama is one of the large legitimate (i.e. not one of the notoriously shady "Crooklyn" operations) camera stores in NYC  that branched out to sell home electronics.   I don't know if this card ever gained any real traction in the marketplace to begin with.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 17
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Back when Mark Wahlberg was Markie Mark, I was a semi-pro photographer. Adorama was where you'd find Tamron lenses that fit your Nikon if you couldn't afford the Nikkor lens. B&H was where you got the good stuff if you could afford it. I think they've branched out since then. Too bad about the card, though I don't have it.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 7 of 17
Nostradamuz
Regular Contributor

Re: Adorama credit card will be discontinued

There is a previous thread with this topic on April 28. I didn't know it. 

Message 8 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

...and yet, your user name... Smiley Wink

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 17
jberry
Contributor

Just saw this now, I guess Adorama will have a new store credit card?? Sadly I am losing on June 1st, $3,500 in credit Smiley Sad with them.

https://www.adorama.com/g/credit-card-coming-soon

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.