cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adverse Action from a credit card spree ??

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Re: Adverse Action from a credit card spree ??

With DCU I called them I was thinking applying for the credit card first then the membership so the first pull will let me know if Im approved for the card and limit and then I can apply for membership... I called in a customer service said I can do this
Message 21 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That is true but there have been members who were approved for cc's and not the membership.
Message 22 of 47
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
I was going to apply for all these at once literally in one day so no one lender see the pull of another before I apply...

Inquiries are instant so even if you apply on the same day, they will see each other's inquiries if they pull the same bureau.

Message 23 of 47
JonStur
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:
I was going to apply for all these at once literally in one day so no one lender see the pull of another before I apply...

Inquiries are instant so even if you apply on the same day, they will see each other's inquiries if they pull the same bureau.

Exactly...they will know. Ultimately you will do what you want but sometimes it's best to temper your expectations slightly and make sound decisions. I would suggest choosing three or maybe four  tradelines that you feel are the most important, and get the rest later. Business is a marathon not a sprint. Lots of experienced people often fall victim to their ambitions... Good luck!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 24 of 47
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:

Exactly...they will know. Ultimately you will do what you want but sometimes it's best to temper your expectations slightly and make sound decisions. I would suggest choosing three or maybe four  tradelines that you feel are the most important, and get the rest later. Business is a marathon not a sprint. Lots of experienced people often fall victim to their ambitions... Good luck!!!!

I don't think the list is way excessive (although certainly a lot).   I might decide to separate the CLIs from the new apps: get the cards then later work on CLIs, or the other way around if you think that better CLs will help get better limits with the new cards.

As others have said, also make sure you have plans for meeting the spending goals to get the bonuses, doing a lot at the same time means a lot of spend in those three months!  If you are happy with manufactured spend then that is not an issue.

Message 25 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I'm not worried about the spend because I can easily do that...

As for the CLI... I use my BOA heavy and discover heavy I know they both will give me the increases but probably hard pulls... If hypothetically I am able to add 30,000 worth of more credit just from these too increase I think it's worth it... Boa is my oldest card I am at 20k will be asking for an increase to 40k... And discover is at 15k will ask to 25k.. I think these are easier to get then new cards cus I have a history with these lenders and deposit accounts with boa..
Message 26 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Shortened list...lol:

1. Penfed LOC -25k
Penfed Promise Increase + convert
2.BOA increase
3 Discover increase (1-hit)
4.Alliant increase. ( 1 hit)

5. Chase ink plus
6. Citibank Prestige
7. Dcu visa
8. PayPal credit card
9.Fidelity Amex
10. Ameriprise financial elite

Even if I do all these on my report only 5 new accounts will show up, I have closed 8 in the last year. I don't think BOA, Discover or Penfed will perform AA.

Back in 2011 when I did my first spree ever I added 11 accounts in 1 month approved for all and no AA..

But now I closed alot of the crap accounts low limit useless accounts.

What kind of limits do u think these potential new cards will be giving me... I'm looking for min at least 10k on all these cards..

Message 27 of 47
JonStur
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:

I don't think the list is way excessive (although certainly a lot).   I might decide to separate the CLIs from the new apps: get the cards then later work on CLIs, or the other way around if you think that better CLs will help get better limits with the new cards.

As others have said, also make sure you have plans for meeting the spending goals to get the bonuses, doing a lot at the same time means a lot of spend in those three months!  If you are happy with manufactured spend then that is not an issue.

It's not that I think the list is excessive, heck I just went 6/6 on an app/CLI  spree. But I don't use my cards to the extent the OP does and wasn't worried about AA from creditors.I don't have a specific credit goal like he does, I just acquired tradelines thru planning and execution.. Just advising caution because of the amount of use, if he gets a denial or a low limit because of lack of patience, it becomes a wasted inquiry.. No need to unnecessarily risk the balances on his current tradelines, unless he feels the possible rewards merit them IMHO...

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 28 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I mostly PIF I think that's why Barclays didnt close my account back in 2011 I got the apple card and bought some stuff from apple and then paid it off in 2 months instead of the year that they gave me...

My main concern is that I would like to always have a ultilization of 15% or lower and still have 30k balance report if I need to one month. I'm doing it for ultilization, juggling credit through different cards. Back when I had 20+ cards I was to juggle through all my cards depending on the due dates/statement cut dates so that I never had a balance reported. I used whatever I wanted paid before the statement cut and had a 0 bill everytime. But when u only have 5 cards that's hard especially when their cut off dates are all close to each other. I'm not changing dates...
Message 29 of 47
JonStur
Established Contributor

Any specific reason you oppose changing due dates? Even if its just one to free things up?

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.