cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adverse Action from a credit card spree ??

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Re: Adverse Action from a credit card spree ??

Have a system to pay cards and manage cards... Don't want to mess with something that's not broken.. Also after closing so many cards I don't have any cards that statements cut before the 15th that is a problem.. I need a few cards that one whose statement cuts on the 26-27th, 5-6th, & 9-10..
Message 31 of 47
enharu
Super Contributor

I think its a bad idea to open this many accounts all at once. Is there a reason why you need this many cards all at the same time?

Doing so will make yourself look VERY desperate for credit, even though you might not be. However, its not what you think that's important, but instead what the creditors think.

Your chances of getting AA is extremely high if you do this.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I am not desperate, but it is true I am looking for some new credit cards because I do need some more credit to use. I did close 6-8 cards in the past 18 months. 

Lets go over this for second.... Ok #1-4 are just changes to existing accounts that I have history with usage, payment and time... So Im pretty confident no AA fromthem..

Lets look at this for second too: 

• Penfed, I have had my card since 2011 no CLI still at original limit. Must have spent at least 100k through the card since having it. ( Want a LOC really, and will try to         push them to use the same pull for CLI. 
  • BOA, this is my oldest account had it since 2010. Last increase was back in Nov or Dec, since then have spent over 100k on this card in 2013 alone. This is the only card I use every month. It is a signiture card I even ran it upto 19,996 on purpose in Jan 2013 just so the high balance would report and then paid the entire balance on the due date. 
  • Discover, I called them in June asked for an increase they used a soft pull said no. This happens to me everytime and then I go to another department and the analyst always does a hard pull and increases me after I explain my history. ( I know they will go for it) Back in June I just didnt want a hard pull. 
  • Alliant if they dont increase me to 15k, I am just going to close this stupid card. If the increase is a no go then I will tell them to close it. 

Now lets look at what I am applying for: #5-10. I am applying for 5 new accounts I know thats alot.

• Chase is a business card so if even approved it wont show up on report.
  • Citi Prestige I had a citi secured card back in 2010 for 5k that I closed so have had some internal history with them, and its a nice card.
  • DCU still debating, only reason I chose them was because from what I have read they giving good starting limits. (was hoping someone will match a 20K limit) 
  • PayPal from what I have seen GE is good with building and I use paypal alot to pay vendors, and hoping to building on the CL with this card. 
  • Fidelity this is a FIA/BOA card I have history and deposit accounts with BOA so I dont think I will have a problem. 
  • Ameriprise financial elite, backed by barclays and feel I can get a good CL with them.  

I am currently at 45-50% of my income in open credit. I really personal feel the only AA will come from chase or barclays. Even if I go through and apply for these 5 cards. 

Many users apply for 5+ cards in a spree... Do you guys still think it is too much ??????

Message 33 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Oh and when I apply ULT will be a 3-5% for sure. 

Message 34 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I also really want the LOC because it will help diverse my credit.. The only thing that I have left out is that I have a car loan that I got from Oct 2012 that is being paid on time. The payment is $735 that shows on the credit report. 

Message 35 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Too much, no if your cr can handle the drop in your AAOA. I did 6 in March ( including a car refi) but my file is alot thicker than yours. It doesn't appear that you carry balances so the high APR from PayPal won't bother you and they do grow fast. DCU gave me $10,000 but my EQ was 714, you might get higher . There's was a post the other day with a $34k Ameriprise approval - that would be nice.

In the end, if you make a decision and the next day you can't find a good reason to alter it- then your plan is solid. I always sleep on it before I pull the trigger.

Edit:typo
Message 36 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

My AAOA is 2 years and my entire history is 3 years. I am only 23 years old. I am not really worried about APR I almost always PIF or until the next statement. I only charge something if I have money to pay for it otherwise I dont even think about it. This is exactly why I have been using my Amex Plat and business gold heavy for the past few months and sock drawering my credit cards. I will need to use my credit heavy in the next few months from Sept - March. I own a seaonal business and our season is starting I do it every year. DCU I hope they match one of the higher limits I have. I read that Ameriprise post and thats when I looked into it further. 

I really do need a few new cards. Cus I need at least 3 cards with different statement dates between the 28-11 of each month that I can play around with. 

MY GOLDEN RULE = "Charge on the card after the statement cuts, and PIF before the next statement. That way no balance ever reports and technically I am one month ahead of myself and cant mess up my finances too much"... 

Message 37 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 38 of 47
vpae
Established Contributor

Let us know how it goes, thanks!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 39 of 47
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Also I dont know what my score will be but i am sure it will between 700-730....

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.