Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice: To opt out or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice: To opt out or not?

Dee,

Yeah, you have to pay.  If I recall, it's like $10 a month or something like that.  I've found it well worth the price.

Message 41 of 44
Established Member

Does seem strange that the FICO scores are different with each credit bureau and the citi monitor and the myfico monitor tells you different scenarios.  I hate these credit bureau's.  Wish there was no such thing as credit scores!  I will see what myfico will say when I cancel card, but to them that means the balance is gone too.  In reality it will not...wonder if they pick up on that or not?  I will wait to pull up my score again in six months, just to see. 
Message 42 of 44
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@dee wrote:
Does seem strange that the FICO scores are different with each credit bureau and the citi monitor and the myfico monitor tells you different scenarios.  I hate these credit bureau's.  Wish there was no such thing as credit scores!  I will see what myfico will say when I cancel card, but to them that means the balance is gone too.  In reality it will not...wonder if they pick up on that or not?  I will wait to pull up my score again in six months, just to see. 

There's nothing strange about any of that.  Each CRA has its own unique FICO scoring algorithm, and it's highly likely that your three reports aren't identical, so it makes sense that your scores would be different.  The Citi simulator and MyFICO simulator use two different scores (I don't know which FAKO the Citi monitor gives) that are calculated differently, so changes to your report won't necessarily have the same exact effect on both scores.  It's pretty common to see that suggested actions by FAKO score monitors actually hurt your FICO score.  In general, credit monitoring services are really good for monitoring changes to your reports, but the scores and much of the advice they give are by and large useless in terms of FICO scoring.  

Message 43 of 44
Established Member

For sure they would be different, but it would be nice to have just one score, hence one bureau to handle it all, instead of 3. 
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.