Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for Sister???

tag
krismac
Established Member

Advice for Sister???

Ok so, my sister has the following CS: TU 734 and EQ 739 after applying for two Amex card and a CSP card last month. She got approved for all three, her CSP is 5K. She asked me when would be a good time for her to app for the Chase Marriott CC. I told her wait a month or two, but couldn't really give her a good answer - I only applied for the CSP a few days ago and got approved - and it was my first app in a while.

should my sister wait it out a few more months the only other card she has besides those three is her Wells Fargo card that Is PIF.

Will be gardening for a while.
AMEX BCE - 9K, AMEX Delta - 3.5K, Discover - 2K,
Cap 1 - 700 (closing soon), CSP - 5K.
MyFico TU: 743, MyFico EQ: 751. Credit Sesame EX: 771.
Target score: 800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for Sister???

@krismac wrote:

Ok so, my sister has the following CS: TU 734 and EQ 739 after applying for two Amex card and a CSP card last month. She got approved for all three, her CSP is 5K. She asked me when would be a good time for her to app for the Chase Marriott CC. I told her wait a month or two, but couldn't really give her a good answer - I only applied for the CSP a few days ago and got approved - and it was my first app in a while.

should my sister wait it out a few monHeron the only other card she has besides those three is her Wells Fargo card that Is PIF.

I would recommend waiting at least 6 months to app for the Marriott to gain account history, especially with the CSP. it will show Chase her payment habits and history and give her a better shot (and potentially higher CL) at approval! However, if it's been at least 30 days from her last Chase app, she can apply at any time. 6 months would just be ideal!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.