Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for next card. Thin file. 3/24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice for next card. Thin file. 3/24

@Anonymous wrote:
And yes your eight year checking relationship will definitely help. You could probably get it in branch approval.

You might even get online approval with that history. If that’s what you want, go for it since you have that history, but if you didn’t have that history, I wouldn’t recommend it at all until you had two years under your belt. But like I said there are exceptions they obviously like MrPepperonis file.

Chase also likes to give you a decent SL that they’re comfortable with to begin with. Their auto CLIs are very rare. High limits beget high limits. That’s why I would grab the NFCU and the AmEX and then sit on it a 6 months to a year with SP CLIs and grab my Chase.

Remember it’s not a sprint it’s a marathon.

I will probably go in branch and check if any pre apovals are offered. Even though I now carry a good size balance with them, prior years were extremely lean.

I hear you loud and clear regarding waiting a bit and getting a higher CL card in my portfolio since high limits beget high limits, as you say. Though, I read in a few posts recently that Chase does not take high NFCU CL's into consideration  ...which is why I added the idea of an Amex revolver. (This last option doesnt excite me from a card standpoint, but it  does serve its purpose.) Thanks as well for the input regarding Chase not giving auto CLI. This has been a main concern of mine. I reealize its rare to none, especially with a file like mine. I see you understand mee not  wanting to start with a token limit that doesnt help in the long  haul. 

...and yes, the famous last words... it's a marathon not  a sprint. (even though, i was hoping  to pick up my pace a bit. ) Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

But they will give CLIs, if you’re willing to give up an HP, once you shown some history.

I can’t conclusively say whether they take navy’s limits into account or not, but I’m sure they would American Express as you stated.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you read that they do not take into account navy credit limits?
Message 23 of 27
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Other than what has been stated, I would rather have the CIU w higher sub than the CFU. It also will not count vs your 5/24. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where did you read that they do not take into account navy credit limits?

I read this just this week while going through the Credit Application board. I would have to go back and check which post, but basically a responding poster stated that Chase would basically dismiss the one high CL from a CU, and base it on the larger banks CL's. 

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

Other than what has been stated, I would rather have the CIU w higher sub than the CFU. It also will not count vs your 5/24. 

The 500 sub for that is apealing. I do like the idea of another biz card that wont count towards 5/24 as well. This is something I can think about. My lean towards the CFU is to take advantage of the 3% first year upto $20,000. + $200. sub. This would be more benifitial point wise if I use the max 3% spend. .(..which wont be an issue idt.) 

I appreciate you bringing this card  back to my attention.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

The 500 sub for that is apealing. I do like the idea of another biz card that wont count towards 5/24 as well. This is something I can think about. My lean towards the CFU is to take advantage of the 3% first year upto $20,000. + $200. sub. This would be more benifitial point wise if I use the max 3% spend. .(..which wont be an issue idt.) 

I appreciate you bringing this card  back to my attention.

You don't get 3% first year plus the $200 SUB. It's one or the other. Currently, it is $200 SUB after $500 spend. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.