Did you mean: 

Advice for when I get new CCs.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice for when I get new CCs.

denbar2003 wrote:

nyccc2 wrote:
Am I 'allowed' to set up min payment for statement date automatically and make an additional payment manually to keep balance down?

I don't care for the auto pay options with Chase.  You can set up an automatic recurring payment to pay either the:
  • minimum payment or
  • the statement balance

With autopay, you can't specify the payment date ... it will be on the due date. 

The other payment screen allows you to schedule a payment date and choose from:
  • Statement Balance
  • Minimum Payment
  • Current Balance or
  • Other Amount
I wish they allowed you to use autopay to schedule the minimum payment on a day of your choosing instead of reinforcing the very bad habit of putting it off until the due date.  I would much rather schedule a minimum payment (or any other kind of payment) right after the date the statement is created than wait until the due date.  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by denbar2003 on 01-30-2008 10:39 PM

I've never liked the autopay option either.  I think that the CCCs schedule the payment on the due date to target cardholders who carry balances on their accounts.  Having a payment post so late during a billing cycle will insure that the average daily balance is at one of the highest points it can be for that statement period. 

Message Edited by psychic on 01-30-2008 09:07 PM
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase have a way for you to manually log on and make payments at any time though?
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

nyccc2 wrote:
Does Chase have a way for you to manually log on and make payments at any time though?

After you register, you can log on to their website, and make payments.  I believe that you're limited to 1 online payment transaction every 3 days. 

You can also make payments by telephone.  At one time, Chase didn't charge a fee for phone payments.  But,  I'm not certain if this particular service is still fee-free. 
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is from the Chase website--

Chase Online Payments make paying your Chase credit card bill simple and quick. There are no checks to write, and no worrying about payments being lost or delayed in the mail.

You can pay your bill anytime, from any computer with Internet access. Store up to 3 checking accounts (even from other banks) to make your payments. Make a payment up to 4:00 PM (EST) on the day your bill is due and it will be credited the same day, with no extra cost or fees.

Every transaction through Chase OnlineSM is protected, so you can pay with confidence. Try Chase Online Payments today!

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always pay on the Chase website, never had a problem.  I pay the minimum amount due on the day  I receive the bill (or see on the website that it's been issued) and set up to pay the balance 3 - 4 biz days before the due date. 
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

be wise-use smart--and manage your balances---try to never max out or even come close!!
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.