Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed: NFCU c rewards to Visa Sig

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Advice needed: NFCU c rewards to Visa Sig

I've had my NFCU card for about two months. Other than corporate Amex; this was my 1st major CC in years and so happy they took a chance on me. I'd like to go for the Visa Sig at some point so wanted to get your advice on how long should i wait AND would it be easier to do a product change or app for a new card????

thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed: NFCU c rewards to Visa Sig

If your credit limit is above 5k, send them a note using secure message center asking if your account is eligible for upgrade. I did this, and several others have done this and were successful
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Wehopper,

Since it's close to 2 months old should I wait longer? Also, do I specifically ask if its eligible for upgrade to visa sig?

Message 3 of 7
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

I had my CashRewards for about 4 months, CL $12.5k. Called in and asked for it to be upgraded to Visa Sig. They did it within 2 days and lowered by apr by 2 points. I didn't even ask for the reduction!!!
Message 4 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Wow, that's great. Perhaps I will wait til December and that upgrade will be my christmas present to ME!

Message 5 of 7
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Like the others have said once you have a $5k limit it should be easy. 

I have low scores do to alot of inquires (car shopping) and I've only had my card for about 3 cycles and I just asked them to upgrade me from nRewards to a Flagship signature and it was no problem. I'm currently waiting on the account to update.

Message 6 of 7
Karunch
Contributor

If you have a Cash Rewards card with a CL of $5k+, it is my understanding that you will eventually be upgraded automatically.  I believe that they're working their way through and upgrading everyone.  I didn't have to do anything with my account, they upgraded my card automatically.  My new card just came this past Friday. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.