Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Capital One?

tag
cldavis04
Valued Member

Advice on Capital One?

I was just instantly approved for a Capital One Classic Platinum with a $300 limit (due to limited credit history) after working to repair my credit.  Anyone have any experience or information on Capital One or this particular card?  I know that the card has a 18.9% APR after an initial 0% until June 2011 and a $19 AF.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 691
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
blazerein
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on Capital One?

You will probably receive a mail stating your card is part of the Credit Steps program.  Don't be late you will get a CLI after the 5th statements.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 2 of 9
mross1080
Established Contributor

I have 2 cap one cards and I like them. There not the best but there defiently not the worst. As with all cards just make sure to pay them on time. I think most new accts get the credit steps program so just use it and pay ontime and you should get a cli in 4 or 5 months. And congrats on the card!

Message 3 of 9
cldavis04
Valued Member

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
cldavis04
Valued Member

Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Tazman81
Established Contributor

also do not exceed your credit limit..  that will cause you to be kicked out of the credit steps program as well.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went from a 500 limit to 750 on my 3rd statement. I used it for gas and PIF each month. Just never be late.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to the credit card family so I am learning as I go and thank GOD I found my fico family to help me become more credit knoweledgable. I have a Cap1 no hassels rewards card so I'm going to see what happens within the next few months...I'll update as this a brand new account.

Message 8 of 9
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went from a 500 limit to 750 on my 3rd statement. I used it for gas and PIF each month. Just never be late.

How were you notified about your CLI?  I got my card on Sept 1st and have since moved around $1000 through it.  Been paying it off multiple times a month.  I recieved the Credit Steps letter in the mail a few weeks ago but didnt pay much attention to what it said lol whoops.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.