Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Citi PC

tag
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Advice on Citi PC

I have two cards from Citi, a Platinum Select Visa (my oldest card) and a Simplicity which I opened for the 0% on a large purchase. I'm done paying off the Simplicity, so I no longer need that card. The CL is high, however, so I don't want to let it go to waste. I contacted Citi and they said that they could not transfer my credit line from the Simplicity to the Platinum Select. Since the Simplicity isn't of much use to me anymore I have two options - SD it or try for a PC.

My current everyday cards are:

1) Amex BCP for Groceries, Gas (when it's not 5% on Discover More or Chase Freedom), Department Stores (again when not 5% somewhere else), and for all my purchases that aren't in any rewards categories.

2) Chase Freedom for 5% categories plus for any non-rewards category purchases that don't accept Amex

3) Discover More for 5% categories

What would you do? Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Advice on Citi PC

@scientifics wrote:

I have two cards from Citi, a Platinum Select Visa (my oldest card) and a Simplicity which I opened for the 0% on a large purchase. I'm done paying off the Simplicity, so I no longer need that card. The CL is high, however, so I don't want to let it go to waste. I contacted Citi and they said that they could not transfer my credit line from the Simplicity to the Platinum Select. Since the Simplicity isn't of much use to me anymore I have two options - SD it or try for a PC.

My current everyday cards are:

1) Amex BCP for Groceries, Gas (when it's not 5% on Discover More or Chase Freedom), Department Stores (again when not 5% somewhere else), and for all my purchases that aren't in any rewards categories.

2) Chase Freedom for 5% categories plus for any non-rewards category purchases that don't accept Amex

3) Discover More for 5% categories

What would you do? Any other ideas?

If it is a healthy CL then i would make small purchases on it every now and then to keep it open and reporting good on your reports.. Esepcially since Citi is prime.. if it was a sub prime card with an annual fee i would say SD it or close it

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.