Did you mean: 

Advice on Combining Chase CLs

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on Combining Chase CLs

@myjourney wrote:

@Beane wrote:

I believe you can only transfer $2500 of the $3000 to your Freedom.  They generally require you to keep $500 on a card from what I've read other people state here.

Correct answer

Both statements are true. However, you can transfer all if you use the EO line. That is what I did. They can transfer all of it and close your account.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 14
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

Would it be better to just keep the Slate open with $500 and transfer the rest?

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 12 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jigglypuff wrote:

If you will have no use for the Slate, transfer the entire CL to Freedom.  You can swap CLs as needed (based on your spending patterns).  Essentially, this can take your Freedom to $3,800.  If you want the Freedom to be considered for a Signature version, then allocate $1,200 from CSP down the road as an alternative.  Just deopends on your spending flexibility or preferences.

Message 13 of 14
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

oh wow, i'm an idiot and didn't even consider putting some of the CSP toward freedom -- good call!!! thank you so much! this forum rules!! and i swear i'm done applying for cards for AT LEAST six months (hopefully longer)

@FinStar wrote:

@jigglypuff wrote:

If you will have no use for the Slate, transfer the entire CL to Freedom.  You can swap CLs as needed (based on your spending patterns).  Essentially, this can take your Freedom to $3,800.  If you want the Freedom to be considered for a Signature version, then allocate $1,200 from CSP down the road as an alternative.  Just deopends on your spending flexibility or preferences.

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.