Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on combining two cards

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Advice on combining two cards

I think I saw a similar post of yours elsewhere, and I'll give a similar answer to the one that I read on the other one.

If you only owe $191, why do you care about the APR? Surely you weren't carrying that as a balance, were you?

I'd pay it off and keep using the card. It's still perfectly useful, and you don't have to pay a penny in interest if you don't want to.

In this credit climate, it's suicide to carry balances on cards. I don't begin to know what the APR's are on most of my accounts, and it doesn't matter, because I pay the balances online a few days before the statement posts.

Banks are now shaking the money tree hard, and anyone who carries a balance and pays interest is a cash cow. Those who don't wish to be milked might want to get their balances down and off. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.