Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on credit cards to continue rebuilding credit

tag
meloman68
Established Member

Re: Advice on credit cards to continue rebuilding credit

Another update.  We went into the BofA branch this morning.  My wife applied for their travel rewards card and was approved with a CL of $4000!  We are off to a very good start.  One thing that we learned about BofA cards is that they just changed (days ago) their policy on adding card users.  The user can no longer build their own credit with the primary's account.  They need their own card.  However, the bank rep told us that once the account is established, the primary can call their customer service and add the authorized user and then it will start to build the authorized user's credit as normal.  Seems a little backwards to me but she said it is a brand new policy.  

I think we'll hold fast with the NFCU Rewards card and the BofA Travel Rewards card for now.  After a while, we'll reach out to Amex and apply for their cards.  NFCU offers an Amex card as well, though it probably won't have the same effect on our credit ratings as cards directly from Amex.  Onward and Upward!!! 

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.