cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on letter My Best Buy closing my acct.

tag
Hillbill
Established Member

Advice on letter My Best Buy closing my acct.

So today at the mail box I received a letter from my Citi Best Buy Visa friends that they will close my account if I do not use the card by Feb 21st. I don't shop at Best Buy since Amazon has basically everything they do.
My conundrum is I had this lil guy way back when it was Reward Zone in 2007, yet the damned cl is still $500! I guess I'm wondering if I use this to fill up on gas or whatever then call them and use a HP to see if they can jack it up lol like 10k where my other cards are at. Would they? my credit is good all mid 700's. Anyone out there have huge cli with this card? Ya Ya and I know they can cay yes or they can say no, but since this is a Store card backed by citI, could it increase like their prime Siggy cards?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on letter My Best Buy closing my acct.

I did on my home depo and that's backed by citi. Was 500. Called in and asked for 10k and received 10k. I basically told them what someone here told me to say. 500 doesn't do much and it's not on par with my other cards so it doesn't see much use I'm doing a privacy fence and it wouldn't cover 1/4 of the lumber. Heck a nice tv anymore is what 1000-2000$, my mac was 2300.....it does have some age to it so I'd defiantly see what can be done.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW also has hers at 5500 after a year.
Message 3 of 10
Hillbill
Established Member

I could use a line like thatI guess, but wouldn't I be better calling another number then say the one on back of the card?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO/E, it seems that certain companies like your profile or not.

Ex, I have 2 Citibank cards (BB and ATT) and neither have very high limits.  While I did just get auto-CLI from them, this was the first time in years.  Neither would budge when I called about an APR reduction.  Smiley Sad   

On the other hand, while Chase wouldnt do much with my Slate card, I did get a Freedom card at a much lower APR and more than twice the SL. Was able to move the CL from one to the other with a simple call. Discover has moved us up steadily with auto-CLI's. 

Its really up to you - would you use it enough with a higher limit to justify the HP?

Message 5 of 10
Hillbill
Established Member

Ya I would. I'm not scared of a HP. I doubt I'd use the card, it's just my oldest open tradeline. Do they pull all 3 or just 1?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled TU on me for both my BB and HD. I called the number on the back of the card for my HD. I'm not sure what number to call for the BB. I would assume the number on the back?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd tell em
Your gonna buy a tv or something. And wanted to use the card for the purchase and 500 wouldn't buy it.
Message 8 of 10
Hillbill
Established Member

Will do Harley thanks. kinda funny I actually did the App for NFCU this mornin too, but I didnt see any place on my app for paystubs or utl bill.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just faxed everything along with the app. It looked like from reading the best success was having all my ducks in a row as they will be probably asked for it again. So I figured I'd be proactive and just submit everything at once along with the app.
I was reading where people were approved and then shut down for verification.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.