Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on managing my debt

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on managing my debt

Dear Jay

I can relate cause I was massively in CC debt when I was 25, which ultimately led to my filing BK before I was 30. It sounds like you are on your way to digging yourself out of the terrible hole of debt and I wish you luck that is even stronger than your resolve.

The best thing that happened to me post BK is finding YNAB (youneedabudget.com). YNAB helps me spend within my means, save towards a goal and make my money work for me. you should check it out. They offer a free trial (no credit card required) for 34 days. It honestly is the best financial decision I have ever made!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on managing my debt

Hey@Jay
Getting through college w/o major debt is a WONDERFUL feat , I wish more folks would accomplish...So that's a BIG win, my friend 😀

If you look@ this 'spilled milk' worth of debt you have now as 'education'/financial-schooling debt😉 it may be easier to see it as both an education and learning experience...At about the same debt load of borrowing of college 😇

So, when you think of it that way, it's can feel LESS bothersome and you can feel better about paying it off as if it were 'school-debt' ....Like lots of other ppl

However the "good" thing is 'your' "school debt" ain't as bad as it COULD BE, so thank your lucky stars, what you have is a slap on the wrist of how bad it 'could' have been.

My point being...Hey you do your community service time and get you'll be fine, it's NOT like you're facing YEARS of hard labor in the big house 😊

You live, you learn...You speed or litter take your little fine, pay da lady and move on... Before you commit yourself to a life of financial crimes and get lock into a LIFE chasing Peter and robbing Paul.

I tell ppl ALL the time, real adulthood starts at 26, prior to that you get leeway to learn the ropes (and hopefully not screw yourself up too much)
Just about everybody refers to a person 18-25 as a 'kid' but it's funny...

A 26-27 y.o. dude is a almost 30 y.o. 'grown-as' person who should know BETTER 😃 timing is everything 😊

You're right on schedule, for the grown up table...Nothing to hang your head over...Trust me you're asking the right questions and having the right concern @ the RIGHT time I'm life (before you've created lifelong ADULT habits)

I don't know you but I'm 😂 because I feel good and am happy that YOU get it, my friend and you and the family and will eventually LEAD will be better off for it.

Sincerely, best of luck
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.