Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on which card

tag
mdh1979
Established Member

Advice on which card

Hello,

I'm looking into getting my second credit card and need some advice on where to start looking,  I currently have an Orchard Bank secured card with a $300 CL, i've had it since April of 2008 and i always pif and never carry a balance. I've been working on my credit for about 2 years and I am also closing on my first home on May 21st.  After i close i would like to apply for a new card but don't know where to start looking. My FICOs are TU 663 EQ 648 EX 660.

Thanks for the advice.

Matt

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on which card

I would go with Capital One and/or CU's. CU's are far more stable and consistent than the big banks right now.
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I would go with Capital One and/or CU's. CU's are far more stable and consistent than the big banks right now.

Cap One is a good choice for a builder card. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt

Cap One is OK in my opinion as well, Not great but OK for me as of now. If you do choose to app for Cap One they will hard all 3 CRA. And sometimes start you with tiny limits like $300. But enroll you in credit steps.I would shop around if I was you.Take a look at Macy's and Nordstrom if you desire a store card...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.