Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on wifes first CC?

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Advice on wifes first CC?

Hi Team-

My wife has is apping for her first card on her own.   I added her as an AU to my new cc's (Delta AMEX, QS1, QS and Chase Freedom) in starting in August of last year.   She is also on a new joint automobile account through Cap 1 since October of last year. She also has a secure platinum through Capt 1.   Now here is the question.  She has went to the Capital One prequalifier, Chase prequaliier and received a pre approved mailer from AMEX for Delta Gold.  She qaulified for the QS1 and platinum from Cap1 and the Slate and Freedom from Chase.   Which one do you think would offer her the best SL.   She only wants to app for one right now. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on wifes first CC?

I can't say which bank will give her the biggest SL because it all has to do with credit profile, although I would put my money on either chase card, Chase freedom might not give her the best SL but they have been know to have huge potential when it comes to CLI, just some food for thought.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the infrmation provided is null if we don't have any idea what her credit profile looks like, what her card will primarily be used for etc. For best responses, provide as much information as you can.

Also, are there any baddies on her report?

Message 3 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hard to say which would give the highest SLs. I will say this: Amex SLs grow quickly.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 15
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
I can't say which bank will give her the biggest SL because it all has to do with credit profile, although I would put my money on either chase card, Chase freedom might not give her the best SL but they have been know to have huge potential when it comes to CLI, just some food for thought.

Thats what I was thinking as well.    However, I didn't want to tell her Chase unitl consultuing here.  I wasn't sure if C1 would give her the best because she has a secured card with them and financed a car with with them.  She only has 6 months of credit history and thats through the secured card with cap1 and 3 months with her vehicle, also with capt 1.    My income is the highest. 

Message 5 of 15
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't count Chase for a CLI...many people wind up applying for other Chase cards later and then combine them to get CLIs. Amex tends to be better with CLIs (plus it's a soft pull). Does she want a card for the sake of it or are there categories she would spend a lot in (groceries, gas, eating out, etc.)? 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 15
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All the infrmation provided is null if we don't have any idea what her credit profile looks like, what her card will primarily be used for etc. For best responses, provide as much information as you can.

Also, are there any baddies on her report?

Thats all the profile she has is what I described up top.   Absolutely nothing bad except one inquiry for the car that we got as a joint account back in October. 

Message 7 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah Derrick! Definitely.
Message 8 of 15
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

I wouldn't count Chase for a CLI...many people wind up applying for other Chase cards later and then combine them to get CLIs. Amex tends to be better with CLIs (plus it's a soft pull). Does she want a card for the sake of it or are there categories she would spend a lot in (groceries, gas, eating out, etc.)? 

She just wants a good start card but only one.   She uses all of the cards that she is added as an AU as well as her secured card from Cap 1.   We use my Delta AMEX for travel.

Message 9 of 15
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Yeah Derrick! Definitely.

So you are for the Freedom?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.