Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please - (2) Penfed Cards and I want to combine - Also a lonely Cabela's

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Advice please - (2) Penfed Cards and I want to combine - Also a lonely Cabela's

I have a Penfed Cash Rewards with a 10k limit and a Penfed Amex with a 15k limit.

Since this is my only Amex I would prefer I higher limit for travel. I already have a CAP 1 QS with a big limit.

I like the idea of two high limit cards - One Visa and One Amex. High limits for me - :-)

Penfed has told me I could close the Visa and add the limit to my Amex and it will look like an CLI.

Thoughts are appreciated. 

I have a lonely Cabelas Visa with a $1500 limit that is useless to me. Any ideas what to do with it?

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Advice please - (2) Penfed Cards and I want to combine - Also a lonely Cabela's

Penfed is easy to deal with on consolidating CCs. Give them a call. They'll combine them for you.

I'd SD the Cabela's for now. You can close it if you wish.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice please - (2) Penfed Cards and I want to combine - Also a lonely Cabela's

I combined my Penfed PC and PR. Super easy. 

Message 3 of 6
tussking
Established Contributor

Yes, they already said no problem. Is it a smart move? 

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 4 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It's not a dumb move. lol
I combined two several years ago. They offered me another and now I'm back to two again. Eventually I'll probably combine into one again.. maybe.
Message 5 of 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@tussking wrote:

Yes, they already said no problem. Is it a smart move? 

Just do it.  It's unclear what you're asking of us.  You appear to have some concern that you're not sharing.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.