cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice to get my target cards? Newbie would appreciate it

tag
Frank3

Re: Advice to get my target cards? Newbie would appreciate it

Yup - wait at least 7 months (you want those INQs to age over a year.  Ideally, two if you can wait that long)

And make sure you take steps to never, ever miss a payment

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have automatic payments on (taken from my bank acc) so will never miss a payment.

Also.. I have no actual loans. The two credit builder loans are automatically paid each month by the credit union.. I don't have to do anything.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still a good idea to log into all of your accounts once a week and make sure everything looks good and that things are being paid.. loans can be sold to other lenders, computers can lose auto payment info, etc.. just stay on top of it so nothing falls between the cracks.. 'rebuilder loans' are still installment loans on your credit report, and will help more as more payment history is recorded and the util becomes less (paid down some)... You're on the right track, just pace yourself. A lot of great info on this site as well. Good luck!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.