Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice, what should I do?

tag
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice, what should I do?

bump

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 51 of 69
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You're welcome Blue. You are absolutely right. You did the best you could and your friend knows this even now and is smiling at you from above. And what is even more, God knows! Smiley Very Happy

My regrets are spawned from not believing my mom would actually die. After all, she beat cancer once before. She was the first person I saw eternally asleep. When I finally realized she was going to truly die, it was the night of her death. I did get to say my goodbyes but I kicked myself hard for waiting so long to the point where she stopped being able to speak but she shook her head in agreement. Our family was torn apart since before I was born. My sister hated my mother's mom...my grandmother. When I knelt beside my mother to say my goodbyes, I looked into her eyes, and could read that she was telling me to get grandma. I could feel when I left her room that that was the last time I would see her again. So when I left her room to be with family again, I said to everyone, "mom is not going to make it through the night, go get grandma NOW! Everyone looked into my eyes and froze still for a moment and then my Dad finally said, I'm going to get grandma and he rushed out the door and came back with grandma. My parents were divorced since 1983 but my Dad knelt beside my mother's bed too and he talked to her. I wasn't there so I don't know what he said nor what grandma said to my mom either. But after we all talked to her I fell asleep around 10 pm and was awakened at 3 am when my mother passed away. Two men from the morgue came in dark suits at 5 am to pronounce her dead. She died Easter morning. In two days, it will be the 17th anniversary of my mother's passing. I have such vivid memories of that still and I remember everything that I told her. It never fades...it just doesn't sting as much but I know it will keep stinging every year that goes by. I haven't visited her grave in a long time because I heard my mother's voice say, "I'm not here, only my body is so come back happy". But I haven't been able to do that yet.

I ran into financial problems during college and if I had more credit to use for food I would. That's why I'm glad I didn't have every card under the sun when I had no money. I had about $6000 in credit at the time. You never think of not being able to get the basic needs of life at any point. I was using credit wisely and paying my bills until I ran out of money. My priorities changed and credit became a source of income.

I agree with what you wrote. It is very financially responsible and you will benefit in the long term versus the short term. If you're 20 now, you probably are already half way through college so it won't be too much longer. Thanks for listening as my goal is to help people avoid what happened to me financially. Definitely close cards that you can't charge enough to for rewards, to offset the AF as it is costing you money just to keep it and you don't need to add more expenses right now. Let's hope Congress passes the jobs bill so that more positions will open for cops and fire fighters, like you Smiley Happy, to be able to realize their dreams.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 52 of 69
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Movingforward- Yes I hope he knows I did what I could have for him, and he is in my thought daily. I believe there are no regrets, just things that could have been said or done, and yes god knows and it was meant to happen that night, and there was nothing more I could have done that night then did what I did. With me, however, I never show my emotions, I keep them inside of me, but inside I felt like a piece of me was missing, both when my grandpa passed away and when my friends passed away. That is also why I never get close to anyone either, I always fear that I might be hurt, or left out of events and other stuff, so I never get to close to anybody, I guess it's not healthy, but idk what else to say.

I know how it feels, when my grandpa passed, I was at home (we lived an hour from my grandparents place, and my dad and brother had already gone to their house.) He passed away after we got there. Aww man, I'm sorry you had to see mom go out like that, when someone I know passes away, it just seems like another part of you is gone. I visit my grandpa's grave every 2-3 months, and we always pray for him at our cemetery (in case you are wondering, I am a Muslim...). Just tell your self that you did what you could have and said whatever you did and not think about it anymore, it doesn't change anything. I remember telling my Grandpa I want to become a CHP Officer, and he encouraged me to go for it if that is what I wanted to do. I hear you, that you have not been able to go back, but do your best to be happy. Life is too short to be anything but happy. 

Im actually in my second semester of community college, in my second year. And of course, I don't want it to happen to me, but life will somehow throw a curveball, and things change, but I things do get better. Yeah I'm going to, I just got it to get my foot in the door with them, and I'll close it soon. And yes, there are those of us who are not there just for the paychecks, some of us want to make a difference in others lives, whether it be good or bad. Like an Officer once told me " You want to come on to this job for all the right reasons". I too hope they will pass it one day and I'll be able to going into my dream job. Right now, I'm planning to go into a financial/ real estate type of career (loan broker, underwriter, financial analyst) until the state starts hiring again, so I'll at least be able to make more to be able to support myself. 

Thank you for the kind words as well. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 53 of 69
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Thank you Blue. Your words always amaze me. You are so grown up for your age.

We need more cops that care on the streets...for real. We need people like you that take the time out to see a person's soul. You are very caring towards others and we need that in a world where so many our hurting now.

I am also a loaner pretty much and fear the same things as you. Most of the time when I open up to someone, they turn their back towards me and I got tired of that. I consider all of you here my friends. I have friends outside of computerland, but they are all busy raising young families and we don't talk very much. So you are not alone.

You are going to have some of the best credit in the world because you LISTEN. Listening is very powerful and I believe that it leads to actions based on what was learned. You should congratulate yourself off the fact that you learned to listen at such a young age. Most of us remember not listening to their parents at times and going off and doing our own thing thinking we knew better than experience. Most people don't learn to listen until the stuff they tried didn't work. And then they learn to listen to avoid a similar pitfall. You listening NOW, will avoid a lot of future mistakes and setbacks and get you to where you want to go quicker. Short cuts often times leads to the wilderness where you learn the hard way and the hard way is a much longer road to travel than if you just stayed on Main Street.

I couldn't tell that you were Muslim. We are all God's people and I respect you and your religion. I'm not one of the crazy Americans that thinks every Muslim is trying to bomb us. I judge people by their character and your character is wonderful.

Your understanding of my trials and tribulations helps me in my recovery from those tragic events. It is hard to find someone who has been through what you have been through and understands.

You are going to be that person in your dreams. Just keep studying hard and never stop looking for opportunities because those who seek, shall find. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 54 of 69
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Aww thank you movingforward. You're making me feel old...lol. The reason why I have responded so late is because my gf and I went to Disneyland today since I had the day off from work.

Also I want to be an officer that cares. I truly care about anyone I know and I would do anything for my family and friends. I was actually talking with another of my bosses yesterday and he and I were talking about our respective horoscope signs. His son and I were born 3 days apart and he was saying how were alike in the sense that if we had a dollar in our pockets and we saw somebody that needed it, we would not hesitate to give it away. That's what I truly want to be. Another of my co-workers was telling me that he would find it hard for anyone not to get along with me and both I'd those things made me feel good. That and coupled with the nice post made my day. And to be honest I treat everyone how is like to be treated, for I may never know what someone else may have gone through. I will always strive to be the best officer I can be and I hope to make a difference in someone else's life. My gf has been with me since 7th grade. So she has been with me at my worst and I am always awed because of how she puts up with me.

It's not good to be a loner. You have to go out and make friends. I know the feeling of hurt and that people change, but you have to have friends. Do you have a family or any kids? Ahh I see. I have a lot if friends from my High school days but we have grown apart so now it is different. But go out and enjoy life if you can. It's not worth it to have no companionship or find something you like like a club and join. I played football in high school and I did my best to make friends with everybody on the team. Time changes things though.

One of the things I learned during my time as an explorer was to always listen to my parents because they have been through things I have not. And thankfully I've avoided most things....so I listen. I do hope that my credit goals will work this month as well.

The reason why I mentioned I was a Muslim was because on another forum (not credit based) I had someone question my beliefs so I thought I'd post it so at least you know where some of my beliefs come from. That's awesome! I can't tell you how many ignorant people I have met who think like that and thank you for the kind words, I've always told myself that I want to be known for who I am and what i am, rather then what I am not. Always be honest with yourself and never compromise yourself for who you are. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and capabilities. I'm the same way, I always judge by character and what is apparent to me.

And I'm glad to be a part of helping you recover. I also had the unfortunate opportunity to put my dog to sleep. She was diabetic and she was miserable and there was no point if she was not going to get any better. So you and I know both know what we have gone through losing family and friends.

I do hope that it does happen. Thank you for the kind words. I have gained some weight since last playing football ( I shattered my leg during a game and didn't exercise much so now I must get in shape and hope hiring begins soon.) I agree very much with the last sentence and I hope life will become everything i want it to be.

Message 55 of 69
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

bumping post. I'm going to proceed with my plan and hopefully all will work out by by the end of this month. 

Message 56 of 69
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

eRe: Advice, what should I do?

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to post an update. I decided to take a risk (and ruin my plan...I was being dumb..lol. Sorry movingforward!) and went for the BCE on April 9th. Unfortunately I was denied and these were the reasons that were listed: Length nof time accounts have been established, Length of revolving account history, Too many inquires in the last 12 months, Lack or recent information on installment accounts, and lastly, The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is to short. They said on March 16, 2013 they said my score was 715 (higher then I thought.) Thankfully it was a soft pull, but does this mean I am still in the garden or am I out? I also plan to go for the Chase Freedom on May 1st, and then May 10th for the Delta and maybe PC (I've seen it done..lol.) to the BCE, I plan to leave a 20$ balance on one of my cards and have that report, so that could help. Anyways that's an update for now and I will let you guys if I get approved or not for any other cards, once I'm approved though for both cards or PC, I'm set until I get a better job or graduate. 

Message 57 of 69
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: eRe: Advice, what should I do?

Sorry about the denial. At least you have a plan for eventually obtaining the BCE.

I believe you stepped out of the garden since you applied for new credit. Could be wrong but I believe you are back to seedling. 😕
Message 58 of 69
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Lexie- My goals are to obtain the last 2 cards, and then I'm set since I have so many. I might as well try for the Delta (if I dont get approved for it, I'm going to cry..lol.) I also set up a student checking and savings account with Chase (they are where I am going to keep my extra money and stuff.) So maybe that will help. If I don't get approval online for the Freedom, I'm going to talk to my personal banker and maybe ask him to talk to UW to maybe get it approved. I don't mind the small limits either since I would think my credit is going to get better as time goes on.

As for the Garden, yes, I think I'm out and I'm going to keep myself out until May 10th, and then come back in with either approvals or denials...lol. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 69
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Best of luck on your planned spree!
I will save a plot for your return to the garden in a few weeks!
Message 60 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.