Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerospace FCU cards: 5 - 4 - 3 - 2

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

I saw @Nostradamuz post this in May, but the thread is a little convoluted with a few mixed in threads so I thought I would bring this one up again to see if anyone has this CC and how you like it? I get the impression you need to jump thru a few hoop requirements to get this one.

Aerospace FCU (California) issues AFCU Platinum Visa Cash Back card and AFCU Platinum Visa Rewards card with no annual fee and with similar rewards:

-Gas: 5% on $7,000/year, 1% thereafter

-Dining and entertainment: 4% on $9,000/year, 1% thereafter

-Travel purchases: 3% on $12,000/year, 1% thereafter

-All other purchases: 2%

Potential Future Cards
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Aerospace FCU cards: 5 - 4 - 3 - 2

@Wavester64 wrote:

I saw @Nostradamuz post this in May, but the thread is a little convoluted with a few mixed in threads so I thought I would bring this one up again to see if anyone has this CC and how you like it? I get the impression you need to jump thru a few hoop requirements to get this one.

Aerospace FCU (California) issues AFCU Platinum Visa Cash Back card and AFCU Platinum Visa Rewards card with no annual fee and with similar rewards:

-Gas: 5% on $7,000/year, 1% thereafter

-Dining and entertainment: 4% on $9,000/year, 1% thereafter

-Travel purchases: 3% on $12,000/year, 1% thereafter

-All other purchases: 2%

Whats the 5432? A Pick 4 winning numberSmiley Wink 

Message 2 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Any info on Aerospace FCU if their product is Geofence?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no back door to membership AFAIK. 

Membership in AFCU is open to those having the following common bond:

• Employees of The Aerospace Corporation
  • Military and civil service personnel of the U.S. Government who work for the Los Angeles Air Force Base
  • Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment groups
  • Employees of contractors who work for The Aerospace Corporation or for the Los Angeles Air Force Base
  • Employees of this credit union
  • Immediate family and household members of the above referenced groups
  • Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Any info on Aerospace FCU if their product is Geofence?

Seeing @Anonymous  already answered, ill just be my usual self.....how can it be geofenced when its located in Outer Space?😆

Message 5 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

I thought I would bring this one up again to see if anyone has this CC and how you like it?

Nobody has responded to OP's question.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

I thought I would bring this one up again to see if anyone has this CC and how you like it?

Quite probably because few if any people have it with those groups.

If they did it would probably be as popular as AOD is, 5% gas 4% restaurants?  Even with a Tesla I'd be interested.

        
Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

If they did it would probably be as popular as AOD is, 5% gas 4% restaurants?  Even with a Tesla I'd be interested.

It's interesting that the card is an everything else 2%, but if you exceed the caps on gas/restaurants/travel, the excess is rewarded at 1%

You would want to code wrongly in those situations so you could get 2%!

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

It's interesting that the card is an everything else 2%, but if you exceed the caps on gas/restaurants/travel, the excess is rewarded at 1%

You would want to code wrongly in those situations so you could get 2%!

True that, though actually now that I look at it again, this is as close to the old Sallie as we've seen probably ever with much better annual limits than the $3K/year Sallie had in terms of a card that is broadly suited to a given common lifestyle.  Prior to AOD for cash-back non-travel you would be basically done with a grocery card, and now still an extra 1% in default spend with AOD... sounds actually really good for a complete portfolio / average consumer.

ETA: OK maybe 4, I probably still will have an Amazon habit which is pretty easy to sort at 5% hah.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.