Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity CU CC

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Affinity CU CC

I've read that some people on the forum have a CC w/Affinity CU. I was wondering if you have to have a ckg/svg acct with them first. Also, which CRA do they pull?  Is it possible to open acct and apply for CC with only 1 hard pull? What are their standards? From what I've read it seems like they are somewhat on the lenient side, but usually CUs are more difficult in my experience.

Thank you!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity CU CC

@bichonmom wrote:

I've read that some people on the forum have a CC w/Affinity CU. I was wondering if you have to have a ckg/svg acct with them first. Also, which CRA do they pull?  Is it possible to open acct and apply for CC with only 1 hard pull? What are their standards? From what I've read it seems like they are somewhat on the lenient side, but usually CUs are more difficult in my experience.

Thank you!

When u open account with CU, means you open svg. acount, and u do not have to open ckg. As far as I remember, there is no HP for membership or deposit accounts.

@They tried to pull EXP (frozen) agreed to pull TU. At first offered $1000 starter card, I refused. A few days later I was called by Affinity rep., to welcome me into CU and discuss my needs. CC issue came up and 24 hr later I was approved for $15000 Platinum Visa @8.6% APR. The initial dessicion to offer low limit starter card was based on my very low credit age.

I have ckg account with them and refi'd my morgage. Very friendly and helpful CS. Like them.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Wow. That's a huge diff in CL! I probably would have grabbed the $1000 and been grateful.

Would you mind giving me an idea of your TU FICO? Mine is close to 700, but hoping it will go up since I've paid my util to under 9%. I also have a relatively short credit history.

Thanks!

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

At the time of application my TU FICO was approx. 720-730 (2 years ago). No negative entries, 0% util (as always) and around 1 year of average credit age.

But the point is you can talk to CU and CU listens.

If you are in NJ I'd advise to go to branch and talk to loan officer.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you. I could easily pay down my util to 0, as my bal now is only $37, and the stmt hasn't cut yet, so I cd pay at end of month and avoid getting the bal on my CR. I'm more concerned about the length of CC history, I guess. Also, some CU won't open CC with any open collection, no matter how old or the circumstances. Maybe I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they at least can tell me if that would stop me from being approved.

It's good to know they are helpful and nice to work with. Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

are you referring to Affinity cuia or Affinity FCU?

Message 6 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

That's a good question. I didn't realize there was more than one. I've read posts on here from people talking about getting and liking a CC from Affinity. So, when I googled it, I found the Affinity Plus CU. But when I googled the names in your post, I see that there are in fact two Affinities. I'm not sure which one people on this forum have been talking about. Maybe some of the posters who have an Affinity CC can post and let me know which Affinity CU they got their card from.

http://www.affinitycuia.org/

or

https://www.affinityfcu.org/

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.