Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

@ptatohed wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

If interested, you my open a checking account with SUB and afterward, apply for this card.

I'm not seeing anything about a SUB for a checking account!

https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/checking/index.aspx

Another one of those hidden perks!  Smiley Very Happy

Doctor of Credit has info on the $150 SUB for opening a checking account (only for new members).

You can use a rewards credit card to add UP TO $1000.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/affinity-federal-credit-union-150-checking-bonus/

Direct link to the Affinity Federal $150 SUB for checking below:

https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/checking/bonus150.aspx

Message 11 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ptatohed wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

If interested, you my open a checking account with SUB and afterward, apply for this card.

I'm not seeing anything about a SUB for a checking account!

https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/checking/index.aspx

https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/checking/bonus150.aspx

Message 12 of 69
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

I can't speak for why, but they don't broadcast the rotating categories. Right now (Oct - Dec) we are getting 10% at Amazon, 6% Walmart and Target, and Supermarkets. The card also has a $200 SUB. It's best kept secret out there, IMO. 

Actually, Supermarkets (and every Walmart I've tried in store because they code as Supermarket for some reason) get 2% on this card.  So they are actually getting 7% this quarter!

There is also that addtional $200 SUB after hitting $20,000 spend in the first year.  Sadly, I hit that mark too! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 69
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

The card will be one of my primary cards and the SUB looks also good (checking/CC combo~350$). I did lots of shopping at Amazon in this quarter and if I had this card, I could get 10%.

I also found this product recently. I guess, they should hire much better marketing departments to present their products Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 14 of 69
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

The card will be one of my primary cards and the SUB looks also good (checking/CC combo~350$). I did lots of shopping at Amazon in this quarter and if I had this card, I could get 10%.

I also found this product recently. I guess, they should hire much better marketing departments to present their products Smiley Happy

Debit card is also a 1% cash back on $1000 spend

Message 15 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the minimum redemption amount for the cc?

Message 16 of 69
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cash Back redemption starts at 2,500 Points. For example 2,500 Points = $ 25 Cash Back.

Message 17 of 69
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cash Back redemption starts at 2,500 Points. For example 2,500 Points = $ 25 Cash Back.

Arghh, I hate the word "points".  

Minimum redemption amounts are rarely a problem for me - until I am, say, sock drawer'ing a card and moving on to another.  For instance, when I got my 3% AOD, I was ready to stop using my 3% AARP (for gas).  Luckily I had just over $25 in CB.  If I had any amount under $25, I would feel compelled to keep using it until I hit $25.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 18 of 69
Tinkiegrrl
Valued Member

I want this card so bad... I joined the credit union already, and I'm parking some money in the 2% APY savings account, because it's better then my.5% apy account. Still too new to credit to be brave enough to try and apply for the card though. I only have 9 months of credit history. Figure I should wait until i have at least a year. 

Message 19 of 69
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I opened a checking account. Is it sufficient to be able to get Fico score and pre-approved CC offers (right now, it does not show Fico/pre-approved offers, possibly because the account is new)? Or do I need to directly apply for this CC, without pre-approval step?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.