Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

tag
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

@Durian wrote:

Does this apply to the Affinity FCU "Cash Rewards Visa Signature" credit card?

I couldn't find any information regarding this quarter's 5% rotating categories on the AFCU website. It is only saying: 

Earn everyday points using your Cash Rewards Visa Signature card for everyday purchases!

5% Cash back at all bookstores, including Amazon

2% Cash back at all supermarkets, restaurants, gas stations

1% Cash back on everything else

They just hide it a bit. Right now they have another 5% on gas, so 7% overall. 5% on cable and streaming service and 5% on cellular so 6% on those overall.

Message 51 of 69
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@crystal626 wrote:

When bonus point post? I use this card last quarter but don't see bonus point yet? 

Bonus points posted on 1/11/22 for Q4 2021, but I just saw it listed this morning (to find yours go to "Card Center", "Credit Card Rewards", "My Account" dropdown, "My Account Statement").

Message 52 of 69
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

I don't feel like this needs its own thread but how long did your sub take? I hit $3000 at day 81 and it's now a month later and no sub. 

Message 53 of 69
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

I don't feel like this needs its own thread but how long did your sub take? I hit $3000 at day 81 and it's now a month later and no sub. 

You need to start reading the fine print. On their website it says allow up to sixty days for the bonus to post. Yeah, a bit slow but at least they are upfront about it. 

Message 54 of 69
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I noticed that my Hi5 points for last quarter hit a few days ago. 

Yeah, I love this card! 👍630BBFE3-E541-4970-99B6-6BA16CC8851A.jpeg

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 55 of 69
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

Yeah, I love this card! 👍

Cha-Ching!!!

The Office High Five GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 56 of 69
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

Yeah, I love this card! 👍630BBFE3-E541-4970-99B6-6BA16CC8851A.jpeg

Yeah, I mostly missed out on the great quarter. Everything was a winner in the 4th quarter last year. This first quarter is nice, but my gas spend is not more than $250 a month, and can't do cellular because Verizon will charge an extra $10 then and Spectrum is just $120 a month. I guess I can add Netflix. But will use the card for Amazon just to get spending on it.

Message 57 of 69
JNA1
Valued Contributor

We are using it for gas and cell phone this quarter, so our spend won't be as high either. That said, with our commutes, gas spend is around $600 per month, so we'll still earn around $170 this quarter. That's around $60 more than we would have earned with the 4% PNC on gas and 5% Elan MCP on cell phone payments. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 58 of 69
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

We are using it for gas and cell phone this quarter, so our spend won't be as high either. That said, with our commutes, gas spend is around $600 per month, so we'll still earn around $170 this quarter. That's around $60 more than we would have earned with the 4% PNC on gas and 5% Elan MCP on cell phone payments. 

Yeah, used to have gas bills like that. Amazing what moving to a state that has more reasonable gas prices and way less traffic congestion can do to your monthly bills. It is ok. Will buy my new Denon 11.2 receiver on this card in February. That is $3000 in spending right there.

I am so excited for the AOD card as well, Costco, which we visit every other week at least, will be 5% back from now on. 2% on executive membership and 3% on the AOD card. Time to buy my LG Oled TV...:-)

Message 59 of 69
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Adding a DP, I have a reasonable mechanic that was recommended to me through a friend and it appears a recent charge has coded as gas.  It is labeled as "Gas" and I have already received 2%, so it looks like I will get 7% back on the transaction. Absolutely love this card.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone!

Message 60 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.