Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

AFCU has released their Hi5 categories for the 1st quarter of 2022.

ETA: actual cashback % when using the Cash Rewards card added below.

GAS = 7% (Gas is normally 2%, so Hi5 adds additional 5%)

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

afcu.jpg

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

When Chase plays copy-cat, Affinity is there to the rescue. 

Message 2 of 69
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Updated OP with actual cashback for gas being 7% since the Hi5 is IN ADDITION to the normal 2% cashback of the GAS category.

I think the others would also be 6% total cashback based on the wording in AFCU's notes (see below for current 4th quarter 2021).  Not 100% positive about that one though.

Bonus points are earned as follows:

Affinity Cash Rewards Visa Signature: In addition to the standard points, (5% cash back, which is equivalent to 5 points for every $1 spent for all Amazon purchases; 2% cash back, which is equivalent to 2 points for every $1 spent for all supermarket purchases, excluding gift cards, restaurant purchases, and gas station purchases, and for all purchases made on watch, listen and ride services, such as Netflix, Spotify and Uber; and 1% cash back, which is equivalent to 1 point for every $1 spent on everything else) cardholders will earn 5% cash back, which is equivalent to 5 points for every $1 spent on purchases made at Amazon, discount stores and supermarkets on up to $3,500 during the promotional period of October 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 (excluding gift cards). The cash back is issued in the form of points. These points can be redeemed for cash back deposited to your savings account, checking account, or as principal credit to your credit card account by January 31, 2022 for the prior month's activity. Additional terms, conditions, and restrictions may apply.

Message 3 of 69
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This is good news,  I'll still be able to leverage some decent 5% non-Amazon spend against the SUB requirement next quarter.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 69
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

To reduce my carbon footprint, I purchased an EV. Therefore, the gas category would not benefit here. But based on CFF/Discover announcements in Q1, it seems that having the FCU card is highly recommended.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 5 of 69
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

afcu.jpg

So what am I missing about this card?  I had looked into it (I'm all for 5%, lol) but quickly dismissed it because the website says 5% on Amazon and Bookstores.  Boo.  Here you are showing that the 5% is for Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Grocery.  That's a big difference!  I also had no idea the categories rotated as there is zero evidence of that on the website, including the video.  Is this the case of poor advertising or are they purposely keeping it a secret?       

https://cloud.connect.affinityfcu.com/cashrewards?utm_source=homepage_nav&utm_medium=homepage_nav&ut...

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 69
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

So what am I missing about this card?  I had looked into it (I'm all for 5%, lol) but quickly dismissed it because the website says 5% on Amazon and Bookstores.  Boo.  Here you are showing that the 5% is for Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Grocery.  That's a big difference!  I also had no idea the categories rotated as there is zero evidence of that on the website, including the video.  Is this the case of poor advertising or are they purposely keeping it a secret?       

https://cloud.connect.affinityfcu.com/cashrewards?utm_source=homepage_nav&utm_medium=homepage_nav&ut...

I can't speak for why, but they don't broadcast the rotating categories. Right now (Oct - Dec) we are getting 10% at Amazon, 6% Walmart and Target, and Supermarkets. The card also has a $200 SUB. It's best kept secret out there, IMO. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $578,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 69
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

I can't speak for why, but they don't broadcast the rotating categories. Right now (Oct - Dec) we are getting 10% at Amazon, 6% Walmart and Target, and Supermarkets. The card also has a $200 SUB. It's best kept secret out there, IMO. 

I had no idea!  Now I am interested!  Is CU membership hard to get?

No hope:
Message 8 of 69
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

If interested, you my open a checking account with SUB and afterward, apply for this card.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 9 of 69
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

If interested, you my open a checking account with SUB and afterward, apply for this card.

I'm not seeing anything about a SUB for a checking account!

https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/checking/index.aspx

No hope:
Message 10 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.