Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU 1st quarter Hi5 bonus cats released

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

Adding a DP, I have a reasonable mechanic that was recommended to me through a friend and it appears a recent charge has coded as gas.  It is labeled as "Gas" and I have already received 2%, so it looks like I will get 7% back on the transaction. Absolutely love this card.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone!

That's awesome! Yeah, I've certainly noticed their reward codes are pretty generous. I like to try different stores with this card to see what it codes as, in case I can get a higher reward. My Nespresso orders code as grocery with this card, so it's a nice little bonus when the Hi-5 stacks with the usual 2%.

Message 61 of 69
collics
Established Contributor

I still have trouble finding where they mention rotating cats as a benefit of this card.

Feel like I clicked every link and read all the fine print, nada.

Hope it's still an option in the future when I go after. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 62 of 69
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@collics wrote:

I still have trouble finding where they mention rotating cats as a benefit of this card.

Yeah they seem to "hide" it more these days. 

https://stage-affinityfcu-2016.cp-access.com/special-offers/hi-5.aspx

Message 63 of 69
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

This was on their web site for this quarter.

Affinity Cash Reward 2022-Q1.png

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 3/15/2024):

Message 64 of 69
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

AFCU has released their Hi5 categories for the 1st quarter of 2022.

ETA: actual cashback % when using the Cash Rewards card added below.

GAS = 7% (Gas is normally 2%, so Hi5 adds additional 5%)

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

So what am I missing about this card?  I had looked into it (I'm all for 5%, lol) but quickly dismissed it because the website says 5% on Amazon and Bookstores.  Boo.  Here you are showing that the 5% is for Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Grocery.  That's a big difference!  I also had no idea the categories rotated as there is zero evidence of that on the website, including the video.  Is this the case of poor advertising or are they purposely keeping it a secret?       

https://cloud.connect.affinityfcu.com/cashrewards?utm_source=homepage_nav&utm_medium=homepage_nav&ut...

I can't speak for why, but they don't broadcast the rotating categories. Right now (Oct - Dec) we are getting 10% at Amazon, 6% Walmart and Target, and Supermarkets. The card also has a $200 SUB. It's best kept secret out there, IMO. 

While I start to do my homework on Affinity FCU (unless I did already and forgot Smiley LOL) - how difficult is it to be a member, or are they geofenced?

Potential Future Cards
Message 65 of 69
collics
Established Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@collics wrote:

Yeah they seem to "hide" it more these days. 

https://stage-affinityfcu-2016.cp-access.com/special-offers/hi-5.aspx

Thanks so much! 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 66 of 69
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

So what am I missing about this card?  I had looked into it (I'm all for 5%, lol) but quickly dismissed it because the website says 5% on Amazon and Bookstores.  Boo.  Here you are showing that the 5% is for Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Grocery.  That's a big difference!  I also had no idea the categories rotated as there is zero evidence of that on the website, including the video.  Is this the case of poor advertising or are they purposely keeping it a secret?       

https://cloud.connect.affinityfcu.com/cashrewards?utm_source=homepage_nav&utm_medium=homepage_nav&ut...

I can't speak for why, but they don't broadcast the rotating categories. Right now (Oct - Dec) we are getting 10% at Amazon, 6% Walmart and Target, and Supermarkets. The card also has a $200 SUB. It's best kept secret out there, IMO. 

While I start to do my homework on Affinity FCU (unless I did already and forgot Smiley LOL) - how difficult is it to be a member, or are they geofenced?

Spend $5 to join the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education and you qualify for membership. 

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 67 of 69
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

CELLULAR / WIRELESS

CABLE / SATELLITE

Spend $5 to join the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education and you qualify for membership. 

And they do that for you if you just call to become a member. So pretty easy. We will make Affinity our main credit union since their rates are awesome, service is outstanding and BECU, even though I love them still, can't help us with anything house-related in Montana, like a mortgage, HELOC etc. 

Message 68 of 69
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I wonder what the categories for the next quarter will be? This will be my first time receiving an email for Quarterly spend.

@DurielI started counting after the statement issued where I hit $3,000 spend.  I got the bonus about 15 days after that statement cut.  If I count the actual day maybe add another 7 days or so.

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.