Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU Cash Rewards - Q4 Hi5 Bonus Categories

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU Cash Rewards - Q4 Hi5 Bonus Categories

@Taurus22 wrote:

@GatorCowboyLion   I think this has come up before, just recently. I do not believe the 1% stacks because it is the general non-category default for this card. The stackable rewards only apply to the Category-specific bonuses.  @PullingMeSoftly  might be able to help me with this, because I haven't specifically noticed or tried to isolate my spend to check for this....but I really don't think the 5% stacks with non-category.

I don't see why it wouldn't stack, since you earn the 1% right away, and the other 5% would be earned at the end of the quarter. If it didn't stack, that means you wouldn't earn the 1% at all then, and I don't see that being the case.

Message 21 of 34
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

This is too good to believe. It almost has to get nerfed. They are losing tons of money.

I'm going to wait for 6 months or so and see what happens.

There's always a chance I suppose, but if anything gets nerfed, it's the Hi5 rewards. That's a newer feature (I think sometime in the past 2 years), but they still have caps so it's not too good to be true. I got this card exclusively for the 5% Amazon rewards and everything else is bonus. The fact that I can get 10% off Amazon during the time I use it most, is even better, and I also like it as an alternate Costco discount card.

Message 22 of 34
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

In the eyes of Affinity, what is a "discount store"?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 23 of 34
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Walmart and Target, from what I've seen others say. What I'm wondering about is how Walmart.com is treated? 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 24 of 34
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Walmart and Target, from what I've seen others say. What I'm wondering about is how Walmart.com is treated? 

I just used the card yesterday at Walmart.com coincidentally.  I guess we won't know the answer until after the Qtr ends?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 25 of 34
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Just noticed, Costco coded as:

Supermarket points from XXXX Costco Whse 0681

7x Costco is quite good. I need tires so Affinity it is!

Message 26 of 34
Flfico
Regular Contributor

Spend bonus posted this afternoon!Screenshot_20211013-171200_Affinity FCU.jpg

Message 27 of 34
5PercentIsTheFloor
Established Member

My spend bonus is more than $20 under what it should be. 

Frustrating! 

Message 28 of 34
Flfico
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I just used the card yesterday at Walmart.com coincidentally.  I guess we won't know the answer until after the Qtr ends?

You should be able to tell what category it is when it posts. Standard rewards post right after the purchase posts and you should be able to see if it coded as discount store.

Message 29 of 34
GatorCowboyLion
Regular Contributor

So our hi5 rewards posted. We had no q3 hotels, so I counted all the points that coded as dining and gas station x2.5. I copied and pasted the Rewards Account Statement into excel and made a table. Including the gas purchase on 9/30 that posted on 10/1, I should have received 4460, and I received 4444. So, they must have included the $48 gas purchase on 9/30 the Hi5, but they rounded differently than I did to account for 16 points = 16 cents. @5PercentIsTheFloor did you count the Hi5 rewards based on the previously allocated points from the Rewards Account Statement?

The items that I hoped would code differently were:
The cafeteria inside the hospital codes as cash not dining.

The online bookstore, VitalSource, codes as cash not bookstore.

My Amazon Prime subscription codes as cash not bookstore.

Overall, I'm stoked, this is a really awesome card Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.